Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SpiderWebShade

2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Looks good. Nice contrasting colors.

Didn't have a chance to post a review after spending a day with the hard top off. Must say going topless is my preferred method now. This was actually the first time the entire top had been removed for driving. And to quote my 5 year old "this is the cool Jeep." With the top off the center armrest was hot enough to burn the skin. After installing the spiderweb shade the arm rest actually felt cooler to touch than with the hard top on. While you aren't technically topless with a mesh top of any kind this is definitely an improvement over being exposed to the hot sun on a 95+ degree day with 80% humidity. One thing I wasn't aware of and caused me concern when I purchased was the possibility of the two center grommets bouncing of the roll cage, Spiderweb shade thought of this and install a Velcro cover to under the grommets when the hard top is off. There was minimal thumping from the center section bouncing up and down. This could be stopped by running a couple of bungee balls through the sound bar screw holes and the grommets with a plastic dowel rod placed on top. Or one long bungee ball cord that would reach through both screw holes and the grommets and back around to the underside to hook onto the bungee ball. I hope that makes since. I am going to try both options this weekend if it doesn't rain. Overall dollar spend this is a good product. There are imitators out there, and while I haven't seen their products, I knew I was getting a good product with the Spiderweb shade vs the competition.

Thinking about running either cargo nets in the rear or the spiderweb shade cargo cover. Is anyone running the Spiderweb shade cargo cover? And what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by ljvsnyder; 06-23-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: addition
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Rock LOBSTA!

I like the contrast in this. Really well done. I like it when people dont play it safe.

Thanks rexx, wanted something different.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    There was minimal thumping from the center section bouncing up and down. This could be stopped by running a couple of bungee balls through the sound bar screw holes and the grommets with a plastic dowel rod placed on top. Or one long bungee ball cord that would reach through both screw holes and the grommets and back around to the underside to hook onto the bungee ball.
    See my previous "bungee through the soundbar" comments on the following thread ;-) -> http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?44...d-Coupon/page2

Then, after reading that, do as I did and contact Spider and let them know how Engineer Johnny clearly did not think outside the box to include those bungees to go through the soundbar holes. Massive oversite, would have added maybe $2 to their cost, should fire Engineer Johnny for that mistake.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    See my previous "bungee through the soundbar" comments on the following thread ;-) -> http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?44...d-Coupon/page2

Then, after reading that, do as I did and contact Spider and let them know how Engineer Johnny clearly did not think outside the box to include those bungees to go through the soundbar holes. Massive oversite, would have added maybe $2 to their cost, should fire Engineer Johnny for that mistake.
    I don't have any flapping as of yet, but i'm the only one with my model and style of spiderwebshade. I have the shadecage that goes front, to back, over the roll bar to the back seat. Maybe the aerodynamics are different, maybe the flapping takes time for some of us.

Either way, the solution may be just a couple spidershade ball things coupled together, or a long one. My final analysis is that the solution should be pretty easy if I ever get the symptoms.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Seriously?
    that was an old spammer from before I changed the security in March. Must have missed weeding him out. Back to Business!

So who is the old spammer? Anyway the flapping isn't bad, but annoying. I did buy some adjustable bungee balls from lowes. They are only 12"s but I removed a ball from another cord and will try weaving the cord through the screw holes up through and back down to the other screw hole. I will post my results. I found another type of bungee cord but not in the right length with a bungee ball, it basically has spear on one end that folds out to a t-shape to hold the shade down. If I can find that type of bungee part separate on a make your own bungee site I will try it as well.