Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SpiderWebShade

finally fixed the flapping. Added a 1/2" plumbing pipe insulator on top of the sound bar. Cured the flapping. Now to try to fix the rush of air from behind so my little girls don't look like they stuck their fingers in a light socket. Anyone have experience with the JKU cargo shade? Would like to see if it actually cuts down on the wind turbulence.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    finally fixed the flapping. Added a 1/2" plumbing pipe insulator on top of the sound bar. Cured the flapping. Now to try to fix the rush of air from behind so my little girls don't look like they stuck their fingers in a light socket. Anyone have experience with the JKU cargo shade? Would like to see if it actually cuts down on the wind turbulence.
    Take the top off only to put a semi-transparent top on to solve all the issues of going topless

I bought the spider shade as well. Haven't had it, or a soft top, or the doors, or the bikini top on once all summer. I just provide my passengers with a complimentary hat (or hair tie for the girls,) and point to my lovely little warning sign on the passenger visor that Pickles keyed me on to that shows the results of not wearing said provided apparel...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	visor_hair-400x400.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	1036
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Unfortunately I am folicaly challenged and hat hats. And this appeases the wife to that end. But my little girls get cold in the evenings from the backwash of air. I still want a top off appearnce, which the spidershade does a great job of.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Whiteravenrr did you ever find grommets to allow your trek top nx to workbwith you spidershade? Just picked up a trek top nx really cheap but would love running both together.

Not yet. Another option is to get their front webshade instead of the full shade. That should allow you to run your Trektop and still be able to flip it back and have the shade in place.

My hard top just went back on. Ready to cry

Got it all installed no longer than it takes to install either top won't worry about modifying the spiderwebshade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140915_105755.jpg  

Just got a call from Spiderwebshade and they will add the grommets for the trek top center straps to go through. If you don't have the spidershade yet, they can do it at the time of the order. If you need it done after your purchase it will only cost you shipping of $11.95.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Just got a call from Spiderwebshade and they will add the grommets for the trek top center straps to go through. If you don't have the spidershade yet, they can do it at the time of the order. If you need it done after your purchase it will only cost you shipping of $11.95.
    WHOA!

Thats some testing I can get behind. You found an issue, and Spiderwebshade made an alteration. BRAVO, to you for articulating the problem, and BRAVO to Spiderwebshade for listening, and adapting to accommodate TrekTop owners.

Yes, it is nice they are adapting their priduct to fit with other products.