Close

Ripp cold air intake

So I just installed the Ripp cold air intake system in my 2014 JK Sahara. The install went pretty quick and easy. Only hard thing was deciphering the picture directions. But since I am pretty handy and patient I was able to do it. The install took about 20 to 30 minutes to do in my driveway. Only thing needed was a socket set and a flat head screw driver. I am very pleased so far with the final product. Now I wanna keep my eye on my fuel economy and if I will feel an increase in horsepower... granted the increase won't be much. Also the sound of it when you get on the pedal sounds great. So I will keep you all updated on what my fuel and horsepower will be like over the next month. Here are some pictures from the install.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrangler.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	747

Name:	wrangler.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	747

Name:	wrangler 3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	748
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrangler 2.jpg  

I love an intake on the pentastar. If you can give us a sound byte....

I like it. Clears up a lot of space under the hood.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    I like it. Clears up a lot of space under the hood.
    It sure does and space is at a premium with the 3.6. Looks like enough space to do that winch solenoid remote mount I've been wanting to do.

So any update on the cold air intake? Plus what other mods have you done, such as wheels, tires, bumper and exhaust?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.