Quote Originally Posted by DHewes View Post
Wait a sec...can we talk about your helicopter and plane? My Velocity XL-5 project is in it's 5th year of being a few months away from an airworthiness certificate. :-)

That said, I am in the same boat. With a 14 Rubi-X I do have a fairly unique front/rear bumper already but I want a stubby stinger, recessed winch, light mounts, D-Rings and I want to avoid the numerous "design it yourself" systems as I hate the look of all the bolts and still do not trust them as much as some quality welds. This definitely is a good looking bumper but as you point out - you better be 100% committed to it before you break out the saw.
Im going to have to require a pic of the velocity XL 5. Those things are super cool.

I too hate the design it yourself stuff. It looks homemade to me. I like clean welds also. And i dont find the design it yourself stuff to be cheaper overall.

The BFH had me very close to chopping my frame rails also.... Pete and Derek (sweet pea and tonka) will tell you, they had to stop me when I threw the idea out of modding the frame.