Close

Thread: Drive shaft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey All!

I was marooned on a desert island, but im back.

Raven, thanks for watching the place. LOL

2me, Here's my opinion on your shopping list -

-37s Good, but, the grappler is a heavy tire. If you are not planning a power mod, you should consider shopping for the lightest possible tire to preserve the power of your 3.6.

-5.13s, This is a LOT of gear. If you are planning to get on board with Jeeping around the country, Easter Jeep etc, you will have to take some road trips. Road trips mean you will want to cruise on the highway also. The auto has a very low first gear. If you havent driven a Jeep with 37s, anything above 4.10 will be a new world coming from 3.21 gears.

When you look at the widely accepted "gears chart" make sure you are reading the line for 35" tires. Your 37s are really 35s according to that chart. I cost me a BUNDLE to learn this.

I think 4.88s is the sweet spot for what you are trying to do. As far as a gear company, YUKON. You might spend a little more for them, but they are silent, and the customer service is unparralelled. I just had a devil of a time with axles and the yukon guys completely hung in there with me while we trouble shot the system with a bunch of variables.

Artec axle truss - I LOVE IT> I think it makes the D30 into a D44 durability wise. So go ahead and rock the 37s confidently.

Welcome back! I tried to keep the place clean.