Close

Thread: Drive shaft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Keith!

Thank you for the welcome!

OK here are some details:
    2014 Unlimited 3.6 automatic 3.21 gears stock tires an wheels (and it is slow).
    I bought it knowing we will build it up for running trails, so we bought a Sport since we will be replacing a lot of stuff.

My wife and I both teach, so we have weekends (and it still amazes me, even after all of these years, we have the entire summers off).
    So we plan to join the local Jeep clubs and have fun here in Florida, then as we get more experienced with the Jeep we will branch out to other states.
    Our goal is to travel out West and travel the Western trails, Easter Jeep week.
    So we will be wheeling at least two times a month during the school year and as much as financially possible during the summer months.
    I only drive 14 miles to work so that is not a big deal as a dd.

I've lusted after Jeeps for decades, and finally got a chance to buy one, my only regret is not buying one in my younger years.

The Jeep is being built around the 37" tires, that way we will be able to tackle every thing from here in Florida and out West.

I'm a believer in "buy once, cry once" philosophy.

Parts:
    So we are getting 37" Nitto Trail Grabbers, with ATX Beadlock wheels
    5.13 gears
    Artec Axel truss
    eventually chrome molly shafts

I ordered the Metal Cloak 3.5 suspension with the six pack and Metal Cloak fenders, Front bumper, and rock rails, LED light.
    Pretty much a full wrap except for the rear bumper/tire carrier.
    I ordered them from Metal Cloak this weekend since they are having free shipping for the Memorial day weekend!
    Saved a bunch in shipping cost!

I do need to get a front drive shaft before the kit arrives.
    But I am not familiar with the reputation of the different brands...

I'll take some pics starting as stock and as it's built up.

Thanks again!

Sounds like you have a plan. Make sure you get some gussets for the inner C's. Those are some big wheels and tires to be running on a Dana 30 front axle and a 5.13 R&P. Go easy on the skinny pedal. You may end up replacing the whole front axle and/ or axle shafts sooner rather than later.