Close

Thread: Drive shaft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Ross,
    Thank you for your response.
    What would be considered a light tire?

I bought the Jeep lifetime warranty, I still lose sleep over that decision...
    But I'm concerned that supercharging will cause a problem with the warranty, your thoughts?

I was reading the 37" part of the chart.
    How do I calculate the RPM and optimal gear for the highway speeds?

Any other thoughts on this build?

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    Hey Ross,
    Thank you for your response.
    What would be considered a light tire?

I bought the Jeep lifetime warranty, I still lose sleep over that decision...
    But I'm concerned that supercharging will cause a problem with the warranty, your thoughts?

Any other thoughts on this build?
    I love the build. Jesse (snarf) just did a full game changer so he can answer any questions about that. He hasnt done drive shafts yet.

If you go to tire rack, they show you the tire's weight. The lightest when I last looked was the BFG KM2.

wheels are also important. they need to be light to. BB's wheel tire combo is around 100lbs. They are the lightest 37's im aware of on earth.

Black Betty, Sweet Pea, Jessee's Girl, all wear bfg KM2s. Tonka wears Mudd Grapplers. That is a tire I'd avoid.

The Second Runner Up to the KM2 was the goodyear MTR thats a little heavier, but people say its more "true to size". If you get that im going to want a full review.

Everything is going to feel like a dog with the gears you have. Ignore that and make a good decision with the gear chart. You do not want to tear your truck's spine out more than once. You dont want wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sounds from your axles if a berring gets damaged, or a seal.

There is a lot that can go wrong that will leave nagging problems. So pick the right gear ratio the first time. And the right shop. Somewhere close to home.

Warranty- if you cancel it when its new, they give your money back. If you want a turbo or a supercharger, cancel it. Your already gearing, so the gears, carrier, axles, all have voided warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    your truck is comfortable under 2500 rpm. if you naturally cruise at 70mph, find the gear that is highest, but not over 2500 rpm at 70 mph.

I think I like 4.56 for your gear set. Others will say im nuts. At 4.88 you will struggle to get to 70.

If 70 is slow, and you want to cruise faster, 4.10s.