Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drive shaft

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    I'd rather have more power for wheeling down the trails than speeding down the highway, that said, I can tolerate 70 mph or less on a highway trip, this Jeep is for wheeling!

I will call and cancel the lifetime warranty, that will
    give me more immediate cash for the first part of the build up.

Update:
    Checked on the lifetime policy, I can cancel it with a 5% loss. However the rest of the money goes to the lien holder - my bank.

FYI (I'm sure you know this already)
    If you intend to do any mods, it's best not to get the extended or lifetime warranty).

I immediately regretted buying that warranty.
    Because I bought the jeep with the intention of building it up for wheeling.
    But since I keep my trucks for a very long time.
    I thought it was a great idea at the moment.

Hey Snarf !
    How do you like you MC Game Changer lift?
    2.5 or 3.5" lift?
    What shocks did you get?
    Anything you would do differently?

Thanks again,
    Jim
    where did you end up on the gear chart? still 5.13?

5.13 is still small for a D30, to me. From what I have seen there is barely over 1 gear tooth in contact between the pinion and the ring. Turning heavy 37's is just asking for trouble. I was looking at the 5.13 but I'm running small 35's with. 3.8l. I will probably go 4.88 as a compromise between the rpm's and R&P gear tooth size but with a 3.6 I could see the 4.56 as a viable option.

Hey Snarf !
    How do you like you MC Game Changer lift?
    2.5 or 3.5" lift?
    What shocks did you get?
    Anything you would do differently?

Thanks again,
    Jim
    Jim,
    Thanks for the post. I got the full MC gamechanger with 3.5 inches of lift. I have the 6 pack shocks...they are pretty nice.

I've been completely satisfied with the lift's performance thus far. The build quality from MC is fantastic. The install went well, with only one challenge with the inner fender liners in the passenger side front (that I resolved). It handles 10x better than stock on the road and very well off road too.

I really need to get it aired down and remove one more section of bump stop to see how it goes. The current bump stopping is really limiting my up travel (because I"m on 37km2s).

If I had to do it again, and I were TIGHT on my budget, You could get the gamechanger without the 6 pack shocks and still have an amazing system that bolts to stock locations and works great. You could upgrade down the line.

The front driveshaft will surely fail at its current angle. that's when I'll upgrade that.

Hey Snarf77 !
    Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.
    I ordered the Metal Cloak 3.5" lift with the six packs and the full Metal Cloak wrap, front & rear bumpers, fenders, rails & rear LED lights.
    Should be arrive in 4-5 weeks.

As far as the gears I looked the chart over again & Ross & WhiteRavenRR are right, the 4.88's is a better fit.

Snarff77, I'll go with the Yukon front drive shaft and chromoly front axels.

I'll also put the full Artec Axels in the front and back at the same time as the lift install.

I don't want to baby this Jeep, I want to be able to run it hard.

Supercharging/turbocharging, I'm following these threads closely, hopefully I'll be able to add one next year.
    Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

Hey Snarf77 !
    Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated.
    I ordered the Metal Cloak 3.5" lift with the six packs and the full Metal Cloak wrap, front & rear bumpers, fenders, rails & rear LED lights.
    Should be arrive in 4-5 weeks.

As far as the gears I looked the chart over again & Ross & WhiteRavenRR are right, the 4.88's is a better fit.

Snarff77, I'll go with the Yukon front drive shaft and chromoly front axels.

I'll also put the full Artec Axels in the front and back at the same time as the lift install.

I don't want to baby this Jeep, I want to be able to run it hard.

Supercharging/turbocharging, I'm following these threads closely, hopefully I'll be able to add one next year.
    Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!
    4.88 sounds like a level more aggressive than Black Betty with the gearing. Especially if your going to supercharge or turbo the truck. I think thats your sweet spot if you don't care about fast highway cruising.

Its snarf's gear ratio with 37s and no power mod.

Thanks for the reply.

On a stock 3.6 would the 4.56 give me enough low end power?

Thanks again!

PS
    I went to the dealership and canceled the lifetime warranty.
    They'll apply the balance to the loan.

Snarf77
    On the Metal Cloak lift, they suggest relocating some of the exhaust.
    Did you relocate/replace your exhaust, what with?

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply.

On a stock 3.6 would the 4.56 give me enough low end power?

Thanks again!
    If you don't care about highway cruising then go 4.88.

I need to be fast on the highway. Getting passed bothers me.

What speeds are you talking about cruising at?

What speed is possible with 4.88, 4.56?

Will one or the other or both give me enough grunt power for climbing and wheeling?

Or since it is going to be in 4 low it wont matter?

Again, I'm totally new to the gearing.
    Thanks again,
    Last edited by 2me; 06-09-2014 at 07:36 PM.