Close

cherokee xj issues

i am hoping someone here can help me finally figure out whats wrong with my jeep....i have a check engine light on and need it off to get inspection....its throwing codes.P0705,P01899,and P0138 is the newest one as of today....i recently brought it to a shop and the guy told me my trans is shot that theres metal shavings in my trans pan and i need to replace the trans with a new one...2800.00 //so i went home and removed the trans pan myself and there was no metal shavings what so ever ....just what i thought....so i replaced the shift solienoids and the trans filter and put it back together.....also put a new nss on it.finished it up today and took it for a ride a bang the light comes on and here i am .....the jeep is a 1998 cherokee xj limited 4.0 automatic....anyone want to take a whack at it cause im tired....bin doing this shit for 3 months now and just about to throw in the towel.....

Quote Originally Posted by Longfellab View Post
    i am hoping someone here can help me finally figure out whats wrong with my jeep....i have a check engine light on and need it off to get inspection....its throwing codes.P0705,P01899,and P0138 is the newest one as of today....i recently brought it to a shop and the guy told me my trans is shot that theres metal shavings in my trans pan and i need to replace the trans with a new one...2800.00 //so i went home and removed the trans pan myself and there was no metal shavings what so ever ....just what i thought....so i replaced the shift solienoids and the trans filter and put it back together.....also put a new nss on it.finished it up today and took it for a ride a bang the light comes on and here i am .....the jeep is a 1998 cherokee xj limited 4.0 automatic....anyone want to take a whack at it cause im tired....bin doing this shit for 3 months now and just about to throw in the towel.....
    give the name of each codes explanation. too rich, too lean, misfire...?

Po705. Transmission code......po1899 transmission nss code.....po138. O2 senser after cat....thats the easy one....theres the codes and what they mean...ok pumpkin...lol

I see where you replaced the NSS on the P0705 code but did you go through the connections and clean and check continuity through the old connections?

Check here: http://m.cherokeeforum.com/showthrea...863&styleid=16