Speaking of cam phasing... I found a decent intro explanation of how cam phasing affects both NA and turbo engines: http://www.hamotorsports.com/cam-gear-tuning.html

With full control over the VVT system, it could be optimized throughout the RPM range. I'll try to get some details about how much control CMR has over the VVT.

Yeah, the exact nature of the relationships between the turbo/supercharger manufacturers and Diablosport is a bit of a mystery to me still. I know it's definitely more than a basic customer support relationship with regards to the CMR software. That's one reason I'm patiently waiting for Prodigy to improve their tune rather than running out to a local tuning shop. Prodigy is going to continue to work closely with Diablosport to improve their tune and to address issues reported by many customers around the world, and the resulting improved tune will be made available to all Prodigy owners. For free!

A local tuning shop will only work on my tune for the couple hours that I paid for. I'm sure they'll gladly allow me to pay for more tuning time if I come back and report some mild driveability issues, but they won't have the benefit of feedback/logs from many people around the world, and they sure don't have any motivation to continue tweaking, testing and improving the tune once I've handed them my money and drive away. And they won't have as strong of a partnership with Diablosport as Prodigy, RIPP, etc., to be a driving force to improve the CMR capabilities for the application.