Close

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    sorry guys...stupid apple pics...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    where is pickles? he should have the answers on this.
    I sent several pictures via text message to clarify how things are routed on my Jeep, how much clearance there is between parts, etc.

The forum would have been a very inefficient way to try to communicate that kind of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post
    my down pipe is pretty darn close to the heater pipe no matter what I did, so I ended up getting heat shielding and I've been fine.
    I still have no idea about this clearance issue. I have plenty of clearance on mine. The pipes are bent by CNC machines, then placed into jigs for welding. The process is setup to guarantee that every set of pipes is the same shape. I do still have an older set of pipes from a different supplier, though. I'll be installing a new set of pipes at some point, and I'm interested to see if I run into similar issues with the new pipes.

Pickles and I now share an issue. Hesitation on, what feels like when the jeep goes from vacuum into boost. Rich condition, it appears to be.
    This seems to be an issue with the latest version of the tune (which also fixed other complaints I had). It's much easier to encounter this with a manual transmission, and happens for me around 1700-2000 rpm with attempted substantial part-throttle acceleration. With the automatic transmission, pressing the throttle a bit more will cause the transmission to downshift and avoid the issue.

I actually encountered this same issue on Prodigy's own Jeep (auto transmission). I met them down in Louisville for a weekend at the Unlimited Off-Road Expo and got a chance to take theirs for a test drive. They also encountered this issue a couple times while in Louisville, but haven't run into it again after returning to Florida. I've sent some data logs and descriptions of how I cause the issue to happen. They are working on it.

So other than what UselessPickles is talking about above I only have one more issue. I constantly have to clear a CEL that the system is too rich P0172 and P0175. To be fair, I'm OK with that cod (since rich is hmmm, but lean is bad times), but it's annoying that I have to clear codes every other drive because it brings up a check engine light

So, when does the mileage increase kick in?? Or... the better question, when do you stop putting your foot into it HAHA!

So other than what UselessPickles is talking about above I only have one more issue. I constantly have to clear a CEL that the system is too rich P0172 and P0175. To be fair, I'm OK with that cod (since rich is hmmm, but lean is bad times), but it's annoying that I have to clear codes every other drive because it brings up a check engine light

So, when does the mileage increase kick in?? Or... the better question, when do you stop putting your foot into it HAHA!

Check your O2 sensors connections, it shouldn't read rich.

I have a question: my kit has a garret turbo and it seems that my turbo require a rebuild as i have been using it for more than 2 years now. Anyone knows the rebuild kit part # ?

Actually i get a smoke when wot and boost, my car consume oil almost a quart per a day if i am in full throttle all the time off raod (dune bashing)

Thats usually a sign your turbo seals are on there way out. Contact prodigy and explain whats going on so you dont blow your motor or turbo

So is everyone happy with these kits so far?? (May have skipped a few pages)...

Hi! We will be waiting for more pictures. Also, when you are ready to determine your productive hours to succeed, you are welcome to follow some ideas from the written text below: http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/10-ti...e-hours-of-day

any updates on the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepty View Post
    any updates on the project?
    Nothing has blown up yet. I've been turbocharged for over 50k miles now.

There's been some big improvements to the tune. Low RPMs are more responsive for part-throttle daily driving now, and nearly all hesitation/jerk/stumble issues I previously experienced are now fixed. It's not absolutely 100% perfect, but it's very good. The power delivery while accelerating up through the RPM range at part throttle is improved a lot too (very smooth/linear; previously there was more unintentional "ramping up" of power due to the turbo spooling).

I'm basically to a point now where I'm just driving the Jeep, not worrying about any issues, and not trying to fix/change anything.

I've turned the boost up to about a max of 11.8 psi now. When accelerating full throttle in 1st gear, then shifting hard into 2nd gear, my front tires come off the ground

I think the only substantial update to the turbo kit itself is that there's a new oil catch can system that's supposed to be more effective than the previous setup. I haven't upgraded to the new catch can yet.