Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
I've been testing the new tune from Prodigy for a couple days now. Low RPM power/driveability is SOOOO much better now. At this point, it's been so long since I've driven with a stock engine, that I honestly can't tell whether this new tune has simply returned low RPMs to stock power/driveability, or whether it's better than stock now. It's really hard to pinpoint the RPM at which the turbo starts feeling noticeably more powerful than stock.

The new tune made 182 hp and 180 ft-lbs torque on Prodigy's test jeep (up from their previous claim of 159 hp and 173 ft-lbs). I don't really feel an increase in max acceleration from the peak torque gain, but I do feel like the torque carries through to red line better without fading away as much. Can't wait to see a new dyno chart from Prodigy.

With the improvements to low end torque, I suspected that boost might build at low RPMs a bit better. With the tune producing more power, that would result in more exhaust gasses, which should provide more power to the turbo to generate more boost. Here's the results:

NOTE: Because of the way that different "channels" of data in the data log are updated out of sync from each other, the data points in the chart can be off by up to about 100 RPM. It looks like the new tune causes a bit less boost where it steeply climbs between 2800 and 3800 rpm, but I suspect that is just an artifact from out-of-sync data being paired up. This is really only a significant problem on the part of the chart where the curve is very steep.

Looks like my prediction is correct! More boost in the low RPM range. I have no explanation for why I got more peak boost this time.

So here's the updated boost curve alone:

And the update comparison chart:

Based on the new boost curve, I sure would expect some noteworthy gains over stock starting around 2000 rpm. Someone still needs to get a turbo jeep and stock jeep on the same dyno for a good comparison dyno chart...

I also have the new Prodigy tune and have been using it for a couple days. The power delivery below 2000 rpm is a huge improvement even over the previous improvement. I need to sort out many of the small issues pickles has discussed in this thread (PCV, oil catch, etc) as prodigy offers OEM solutions. After the details are sorted out, I'll make another effort to get a stock/boosted dyno shootout on the books.