Pickles,
im not sure what the problem is but I'v looked at the obvious as much as I can and now I'm thinking it might be something deeper.
I used to love the way the turbo sounded when you put your foot down and you get that distinctive whine followed by the whoosh when you release, but recently when I accelerate the whine is now mixed with some whoosh ( excuse the funny talk but I have no other way of explaining it) also while accelerating the car tends to hesitate, feels like it's beeing held back at times, and at cruising speed the boost comes in and out, you can hear the turbo spool up and release even though I'm holding a constant speed on a level road and no wind.
Also something weird happened to me on the highway, cruising at 80mph 2800RPM 5th gear the temperature starts to increase at a steady rate, had to slowdown because it didn't look like it was going to stop increasing, this is what I don't understand, same speed at on 4th gear RPM 3500 and the temperature starts to backdown and sits dead center on the gage, tried it again on 5th same speed temp up select 4th higher rpm same speed temp comes down.
My lack of knowledge in terms of reading or maybe interpreting the logs dose not help in getting my point across.
I will try and get a log to you by tomorrow and tell me what you think.