"So this is now a completely closed system, with oil being captured out of the air and returned to the oil pan (instead of sucked into the intake and burned in the engine). Unfortunately, it's no longer a PCV system. It's now just a passive ventilation system."

Wrong-- The System was always closed- unless Prodigy's turbo kit installation told you to put a tube from the PCV Valve venting to the open it is closed. It is not a passive system. It still requires vacuum pressure from the engine to draw out positive pressure zones within the crankcase. The fact that it vents into a oil can has nothing to do with nature of the pressure required to operate the PCV Valve... in fact without a vacuum on one side and high pressure zone on the other valve would never open and it would only build up pressure in crankcase and start to have engine problems.

"I'll probably order it soon and initially install it as directed by Prodigy. I'm curious to see if part-throttle driveability improves by no longer having oil vapors enter the intake through the PCV hose. Then I'll modify the install a bit to return full PCV functionality, and run only the breather hose through the catch can. If there's no noticeable difference, then I'll keep it setup with the PCV operational. If I notice a difference, then I'll start looking into a dual catch can setup (one for the PCV hose, and one for the breather hose) for a completely ideal, fully functional/closed PCV system with minimal oil vapors getting into the intake."

If it is a closed system why do you need a catch can on the air breather??? You'll only restrict the flow of air further and force the engine to operate with higher than normal pressures. The secret to making an engine breather better is not to putt long lengths of small diameter tubes that restrict air flow but to use short large diameter tubes that promote free flow. Again you've not changed the fact the valve is operating on vacuum drawing the high pressure crankcase gases out of the engine and clean air into the engine.

So, I repeat do you want to try this explanation again?