Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmm... change of plans. Looks like I could probably put together an ideal dual catch can setup for about the same amount of money as Prodigy's catch can kit. This will be a fun project.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Hmm... change of plans. Looks like I could probably put together an ideal dual catch can setup for about the same amount of money as Prodigy's catch can kit. This will be a fun project.
    You're gonna fubar your engine..

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    You're gonna fubar your engine..
    I can't tell if you're fishing for an argument or what, but adding a catch can setup that maintains PCV isn't going to FUBAR anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I can't tell if you're fishing for an argument or what, but adding a catch can setup that maintains PCV isn't going to FUBAR anything.
    Did you read his dual catch can idea?

I don't have a problem with the catch can-- I have a problem with his idea for a catch can!

First off the breather hose needs to be free for positive clean airflow into the crankcase. Secondly, what is the can going to do besides possibly impede this ability flow properly??? No, oil vapors come in through the breather hose. Secondly, the catch can doesn't stop the system from being a positive pressure system. It merely instead of dumping the oil, water vapor, unburnt fuel into the intake puts into the in a can then depending emissions standards either vents to the atmosphere or back into the intake just minus much of the aforementioned stuff.

My big diesel engine has a PCV that positively vents right out on the front axle of the truck.