Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
At part throttle, I can get my wastegate to open because it is reaching the target boost in the intake system before the throttle body (where my wastegate boost source is), even though my intake manifold may be a couple PSI below the target. The official Prodigy setup has the wastegate boost source as the intake manifold, so at part throttle, there may be situations where the wastegate stays closed trying to reach the target boost in the intake manifold, but the pressure on the other side of the half-way closed throttle could be above the target boost level, working the turbo harder than desired (hmmmm... I wonder if this could lead to compressor surge in these situations?).
So are you saying that there may be something in the way pressure is equalized across the throttle body at part throttle? I understand that my system is sucking air through the TB and your system is pushing air through the TB. But I've often thought that my TB was not designed for FI. Too much "play" in the throttle plate.