Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, it all began when for some reason while servecing the engine was overfilled, might be because of laps of attention to the quantity that was drained out.
    I was using the car with no problems untill i installed the turbo, which ment now i was pushing the car and having fun with the extra boost - like any reasonable guy with a turbo jk would do- that in turn lead to excessivly high engin pressure which forced the excess oil to look for a way out.
    After a wheeling in the dunes and pushing the car as we do normally i notices oil coming out from breathers engin manifold and even in the exhaust.
    Followed by a lot of whit smoke and abnormal sound.
    When they took it appart they found that 3 pistons where damaged with heavy signes of detonations, nearly all spark plugs where charred, a cracked head cylinger, and corroded crank shaft.
    Also all my exhaust piping was full of oil.
    They would not fix it under warrenty mainly because i installed the turbo, but we came to an agreement to share the coast since the oil change was not done properly, not sure how things work there, but for us warrenty will be hard to chase once you modify the car, and to have them repair it was not acceptable to me, i would never feel comfertable with the car.
    It was painfull paying for a new engin but the idea of a fresh start was a bit more tempting.

Now iv been running with the turbo on the new engine for about a month and been noticing that somethings where not behaving as they should.
    Here i would like to say thanks to UsslessPickles, i sent him my lates logs to have a second opinion and he pointed out some things that i overlooked when reading thru the logs.
    I now have a knocking issue at some phases of my acceleration ' Retarded Knocking' and sent the Logs to Dan at Prodigy who is also been quick to identify what might the cause be, he thinks that the valve is not working properly and a replacment is on the way, im hopefull that it will solve the situation.
    Also, may have been discussed before, the starting issues with the first start attempt failing or stalling and the second one goes thru the full auto crank start.
    I recieved a tune for that, but as U.P mentioned to me that a little of throtle assistance will help and it dose.
    But other than that im getting a max boost of 8.3 on 2nd gear and max of 8.5 on 3rd.
    And the dunes have never been this fun before.. Lol

Wow. I would not expect so much damage just from over-filling the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by AGOM View Post
    Also, may have been discussed before, the starting issues with the first start attempt failing or stalling and the second one goes thru the full auto crank start.
    I recieved a tune for that, but as U.P mentioned to me that a little of throtle assistance will help and it dose.l
    Prodigy sent me a tune that completely fixed this issue for me. I no longer have to use throttle to help the engine start.