Close

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Paging Dr. Pickles!

LOL. how clutch is that guy? you know he's got the answer.
    Thanks for the compliment. The idea is to share the infos so whoever face it know's what to do.

Jeff, thanks again and i will adjust the track bar as you said cause i already have one and not tends to get the mount (which is a better solution as u said).

To be honest i thought about the same location of the recovery tank because i have AEV bumper which u can't put the tank on it .but didn't had the time to relocate.

For the time being my front drive shaft is out for trouble shooting (no vibration now ) and the shaft looks ok (i guess ) let see what happens next.

The cause of vibration
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20141125-WA0003.jpg  

^^^Time for an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsking View Post
    The cause of vibration
    WHOA.

Did you feel it all at once? or was the change gradual?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    WHOA.

Did you feel it all at once? or was the change gradual?
    Yes. It came all once.

I have ordered a heavy duty shaft from Curtis taton. Hopefully i will get it in December.

MOAR BOOST!

I think I may have finally solved my exhaust leak. I installed a new "header" gasket (where the exhaust pipe mounts to the exhaust port of the engine) on the driver side where I had a stubborn leak. I now have seen boost peaking in the 8.0-8.3 psi range! Previously, I was only getting up to the 7.8-8.0 range. I seem to be on par with NOLA with boost numbers now. The highest I saw today was 8.58 psi in 4th gear. I wimped out at 120mph, but it was still accelerating.

Even better than higher peak boost is that I'm building boost a bit earlier in the rpm range now.

In 2nd gear:
    1 psi at 2250 rpm
    2 psi at 2600 rpm
    3 psi at 2800 rpm
    4 psi at 2900 rpm
    5 psi at 3100 rpm
    6 psi at 3300 rpm
    7 psi at 3500 rpm
    8 psi at 3900 rpm

I need to get a nice clean data log of a 2nd gear pull to create an updated boost curve chart...

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    MOAR BOOST!

I think I may have finally solved my exhaust leak. I installed a new "header" gasket (where the exhaust pipe mounts to the exhaust port of the engine) on the driver side where I had a stubborn leak. I now have seen boost peaking in the 8.0-8.3 psi range! Previously, I was only getting up to the 7.8-8.0 range. I seem to be on par with NOLA with boost numbers now. The highest I saw today was 8.58 psi in 4th gear. I wimped out at 120mph, but it was still accelerating.

Even better than higher peak boost is that I'm building boost a bit earlier in the rpm range now.

In 2nd gear:
    1 psi at 2250 rpm
    2 psi at 2600 rpm
    3 psi at 2800 rpm
    4 psi at 2900 rpm
    5 psi at 3100 rpm
    6 psi at 3300 rpm
    7 psi at 3500 rpm
    8 psi at 3900 rpm

I need to get a nice clean data log of a 2nd gear pull to create an updated boost curve chart...
    Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Keep it coming!
    As you wish!

I got a nice clean data log of a 2nd gear full throttle pull. Here's my new boost curve:

And here it is compared to my boost curve with the exhaust leak:

Lesson: Make sure your exhaust system is leak free when you have a turbo, or else you'll be missing out on power and turbo response!

And for a fun comparison, I found this dyno chart of a RIPP supercharged 3.6 Wrangler, with a boost curve. Notice that the boost curve is not actually linear. It seems to be a shallow exponential curve. If it was linear, it would have 5 psi around 3250 rpm (half peak boost at half peak engine speed), but it doesn't actually reach 5 psi until 4600 rpm!

GRRR... my charts are getting shrunk because of ads to the point that they are difficult to read.

1) There needs to be a better way to allow ads to display in posts without making the entire right side of the screen unusable to post content. That's just a huge waste of space and leads to unnecessary shrinkage of images. Does the forum software or ad plugin have other options for how to display ads? Maybe display them between posts rather than inside posts? Or maybe have ads occupy a horizontal section of the post rather than an entire vertical section?

2) What happened to the feature that allowed us to click images to view them in full size?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    GRRR... my charts are getting shrunk because of ads to the point that they are difficult to read.

1) There needs to be a better way to allow ads to display in posts without making the entire right side of the screen unusable to post content. That's just a huge waste of space and leads to unnecessary shrinkage of images. Does the forum software or ad plugin have other options for how to display ads? Maybe display them between posts rather than inside posts? Or maybe have ads occupy a horizontal section of the post rather than an entire vertical section?

2) What happened to the feature that allowed us to click images to view them in full size?
    1. its vbulletins template, i cant alter it.

2. what kind of files are they. Upload as jpgs and it will think they are pics and make them full size when you click them.