Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
Could not have written a better description of the "surge" us magnuson guys experience. Spot on right down to the RMPs! And I do have an auto trans. I know you're chasing turbo issues but I offer the observation in wondering if the aftermarket tuners could be missing the same thing regardless of the forced induction system.
Hey guys. I read this and thought "oh, I've experienced this on my Audi." Any time I get exactly what Pickles describe, a smooth, linear hard acceleration, and then I get what feels like a small blip in power, I've learned, it's gas with too low of octane or is not good enough. I've driven with 93 octane gas and had my 93 octane tune loaded and it would do this. I drop down to the 91 octane tune and the issue would go away. When I lived back in the mid-west (and don't get me started on "mid-west," I have an issue with that word just like my "High Altitude" verbiage issue) I could almost always find 95 octane, so I just ran that with my 93 octane tune and my issue was gone.

Now, you guys are must more technical about all this stuff than I ever am, BUT, if you haven't tried already, try to get some of the best gas you can find and see if it helps at all. If you're in the mid-west to north east, you might even get lucky and be able to find 95 octane! It's worth a tank of gas to see if that resolves the issue.

[Urgh... couldn't help it... How can you have a "Mid-West" that is East of Central!!!! Stupid. If you ever here me refer to "Mid-East" that means the "Mid-West" area, not overseas.

Worst possible sentence ever... "I drove from the Mid-West to the High Altitudes of the Rocky Mountains."
Translation: I drove from the Rocky Mountains to the Rocky Mountains so my Jeep could fly above the ground.]