Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
Is that part of prodigy's plan? or did you alter something?
That is my own modification. Prodigy's current plan is to just completely replace the original plastic pipe with some hose:

This was all described back in this post: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?13...=2093#post2093

I now have a revised modification. Instead of threading the check valve into the middle of the plastic pipe, I'm now replacing the end of the plastic pipe with the check valve and a small piece of rubber hose.

At the bottom is the back end of the original PCV pipe. To the left is the original rubber elbow that connects the pipe to the valve cover (at the back of the engine). To the upper right is the end of the crankcase breather pipe/hose that used to connect to the air box (this part is completely unused now with the turbo kit, so it's ready to be sacrificed!).

The rest of these photos should speak for themselves:

BOOM!

Simple modification to retain nearly all of the original PCV pipe, to retain OEM appearance. The check valve is now isolated on both ends by rubber, so the vibration caused by it opening/closing rapidly is now absorbed. No more annoying noise.

NOTE: The S-shaped rubber hose from the breather pipe is larger diameter at one end than the other. use the smaller diameter end, and put the original small diameter end onto the remainder of the PCV pipe. The cut end is slightly larger diameter, so it is better suited for connecting to the check valve's barbed hose fitting (which is a bit larger than the PCV pipe).

Unfortunately, I can't show you the complete modded PCV pipe assembly, because I had already cut mine in half for the first failed mod. Mine is mended back together with a piece of rubber hose for now. I will stop by the dealer to order a new plastic pipe at some point so I can start fresh with the new mod.