Hey guys,

I JUST received an email from APR, the manufacturer of the ECU tune on my Audi A4. They claim they just released a new tune that significantly increases total HP/Tq. While reading through this, there was one line that frankly shocked me. Apparently on newer A4's, they are now E85 compatible, AND, APR's tune for E85 now gets more gains then their tune for 100 Octane fuel!!!

"By adding E85 to the tank on the Ethanol compatible variants, automatic Ethanol map blending adds even more power, resulting in 85 horsepower and 135 ft-lbs of torque."

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up..._long_b85.html

I honestly had NO idea that E85 could actually provide more power than regular octane gas. Any chance our Jeeps are E85 compatible? Any chance any of the SC/Turbo tuners has or can create a tune for E85? Also, I guess I never asked this, do any of the SC/Turbo manufacturers provide the ability to switch between different tunes for different octanes easily? I can do this in my Audi in about 30 seconds right now via the cruise control buttons. I have a 91 octane and 93 octane tune loaded in the ECU and I just switch between them as needed. Sadly, WA doesn't seem to have many 93 octane stations so I've had to downgrade to the 91 octane tune.