Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It was over-filled by 3ltrs, I didn't feel much difference but when I started pushing the engine it was showing signs of hesitation followed by burnt oil smell, which I thought was coming from the manifold breather, and when I checked under the hood that little filter we fitted at the end of the driver side manifold had oil dripping from it, and that was another warning signe.

Maybe I should get another tune sent, the first one didn't fix that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AGOM View Post
    It was over-filled by 3ltrs, I didn't feel much difference but when I started pushing the engine it was showing signs of hesitation followed by burnt oil smell, which I thought was coming from the manifold breather, and when I checked under the hood that little filter we fitted at the end of the driver side manifold had oil dripping from it, and that was another warning signe.
    Wow - so sorry to be reading this. How did they know the overfill was 3ltrs? Are they/you sure the A/F/R didn't lean out and cause detonation? This is important stuff. We learn tons from failures. Were you able to determine if the overfill put the rotating assembly in the oil? Did you get any trouble codes?