Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I guess this is more of a general question.

I just realized while mounting up the turbo that there is no bracket welded onto the up pipe. Anyone know if this was a running change? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	1706

Quote Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post
    I just realized while mounting up the turbo that there is no bracket welded onto the up pipe. Anyone know if this was a running change? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	1706
    Huh... I'll have to ask about this. It seems unlikely that it was accidentally left off. Now that I think about it more, I bet that bracket turned out to be unnecessary. The brackets on the down pipe probably provide plenty of support for the turbo.

I guess the question that I should be asking... does anyone have an image of thier power steering box that i could reference after install?

Alright,

went scouring through the archives and found an image of your install, Pickles:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps_hoses.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	1709
    This is what mine looks like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	1710
    You see how when one side is facing up the other is as well. If I align it to do one side face down and the other face up, I get a loop in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post
    This is what mine looks like
    That does look like a problem

The fittings on the ends of your hose look like it may be possible to loosen, rotate, then re-tighten? Hard to tell from just looking at a picture. That hose/fitting is different than what I have. Definitely contact Prodigy about that to find out if they can recommend a way to adjust the orientation of the fittings, or if you need a replacement.