Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
You sure do suggest a lot of expensive and complicated improvements for problems for which there is no evidence that they need a solution

Things like exhaust wrap or ceramic coating aren't included in the kit because it's not necessary for daily driving and having some fun on the street. Including it in the kit would drive up the price with diminishing returns for most customers. Prodigy provides a solid, fully functional and complete kit with room for custom improvements if necessary, or if you're the type that thinks the extra money is well spent on such improvements.

I haven't seen any evidence of any heat issues at low speeds off road. Most low speed off road driving does not involve continuous periods of high engine load that would create a lot of boost and heat. Mudding is probably the most obvious exception to this. I do not like to play in deep mud, so I'm not concerned. Even when I was on the sand dunes repeatedly attempting to climb a dune with the turbo screaming at 5000+ rpm on a sunny 85*F summer day, moving slowly up the dune, getting stuck, backing down, trying again, about 6-10 times in a row, the coolant temp gauge would only move to about half way between the middle and 3/4 marks. After coming to a stop and idling, the temp gauge would move back to center after several minutes.

The oil system already has a larger than typical capacity: 6 quarts. I would be interested in data logging the oil temperature, but that doesn't seem to be available for logging on the Diablosport InTune.

I don't have an exhaust temp gauge. I'm not tweaking the turbo system to run any differently than designed, so I'm trusting that Prodigy designed it well enough and putting my money and effort into more useful things than double checking their work. I'm no expert on tuning, so I would really even know what to watch for with exhaust temps.
The tapes and wraps aren't really outrageously priced items. It is just a matter of wanting to put them on that can be annoying. It is easier then the system is being installed to wrap the stuff then put it on the engine.

Jegs Super High Temp Exhaust Header Wrap is about $63.99 plus Shipping/Tax for 25Feet you might need two rolls. So about $160.00 total
Jegs Heat Shield Tape (aka Cool Wrap by some manufacturers) rated for 1100F ranges in price from $19.99 to $29.99 depending roll size and some have free shipping so you could get out with perhaps 29.99 + tax
If you want higher heat protection they have a product rated at 2000F for $51.99 +shipping and tax

Now ceramics are great but pricey. This stuff will set you back maybe $350.00 when all said and done. And you can see improvements in performance under the right conditions. When you driving on a sand dune I bet you would notice a difference if you had the right gauges. Most of the time the driver will not be able to tell the difference in performance but it is there.

EGT-- is good to know because you don't have to tune the vehicle to get into a problem area. Certain types of usage can cause dangerous temperatures. Driving at high speeds for prolonged period on asphalt on a 120f day from LA to Vegas can cause issues EGTs. Ideally speaking when you see those numbers climb to some point that is dangerous that is when you would hit the WM-50 system and "BAM!" watch them drop and performance increase.