Close

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    mine bent the same way. Thought I did it wheeling until someone else said they had the same thing. Thanks Jeep.

They wanted a clearance to avoid contact, but since our Jeep let say 60% are lifted already, so there is no requirement for that bushed thing. To correct u need to customise it.

Wow. You'd think that would just find a way to route things so they don't have to dent the exhaust for clearance. Makes me wonder if an after market cat-back without a dent would free up any power with the turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Wow. You'd think that would just find a way to route things so they don't have to dent the exhaust for clearance. Makes me wonder if an after market cat-back without a dent would free up any power with the turbo.
    Speaking of..what do you know about the tuned exhaust systems that are under testing for our Prodigy turbo systems? I'm holding off on an exhaust until I can see their offering. I'm super pleased with the turbo thus far and, if they do their exhaust the same way, I'll want it!

Ball bearing turbo? Prodigy tuned exhaust? This is all news to me. Sounds like I need to look for an additional source of income...

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Ball bearing turbo? Prodigy tuned exhaust? This is all news to me. Sounds like I need to look for an additional source of income...
    Ball bearing is an option, or at least will be. Our current turbo is so over-matched to our power output I can't see needing one. The exhaust though..absolutely since I'm 100% stock from prodigy's pipes back. The exhaust was mentioned during the Jeeplab install in NJ. It is intended to work specifically with Prodigy's turbo, designed by a third party. Form factor similar to AFE's high-tuck design where the muffler is up and away from stock location to prevent it getting crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Speaking of..what do you know about the tuned exhaust systems that are under testing for our Prodigy turbo systems? I'm holding off on an exhaust until I can see their offering. I'm super pleased with the turbo thus far and, if they do their exhaust the same way, I'll want it!
    How fast is this guy?

Beat me to the prodigy exhaust. Well played sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    How fast is this guy?

Beat me to the prodigy exhaust. Well played sir.
    Sorry...I'm super excited about how my turbo is performing. I'm excited to get it on the dyno. Then I'm excited to get an exhaust.

Took some VW turbo guys out for a quick spin and they were really impressed. These folks routinely have 600+ Horsepower front drive cars..so their big-eyes were a good sign the Prodigy system is impressive.

Any of you guys getting any check engine light(s) codes since the install of the Turbo? ive gotten several since the install.. i figured it was just the computer trying to get settled with the new major mod.. here are the list of codes that have popped up since my install. P0112, P0153, P0132, P2096, P0420. All codes are Air/fuel/Exhaust issues... I was able to clear all the codes and not show back up. All but code P0153.: P0153 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response. I clear the code and it stays off for the first 30 miles or so and then the check engine light comes on.. I check the code by doing the key turn 3x and this seems to never go away P0153. Any thoughts? 2012 JKU automatic stage 1 prodigy turbo kit. Also i took the vehicle to a dyno shop and i could not get the jeep to shift out of 1st gear while in 2 wheel drive. We disable the ABS disconnected them from the rear and still no luck. We were only able to use the manual shift while in 4 wheel drive. The dyno shop was able to dyno the jeep but the whole process was a disaster.. Due to the automatic transmission the jeep would downshift while in 4th gear and we could not get an accurate dyno, boost was leaking from the intake sensor, where you cut a hole to install the stock air sensor from the old intake right before the throttle body, also there was an exhaust leak on the driver side pipes. All in all what was measured was 228HP to the wheels in 4Hi. Was not a fun process.. I contacted Dan about the intake issue and he said that they have a revised hoses with pre drilled fittings that will fix the issue with boost leakage. Tomorrow ill be taking the jeep to a different shop that specializes in MOPAR aftermarket heavy mods. They also have a dyno and maybe they can run the jeep in 2 wheel drive and fix all the boost/exhaust leaks.

No check engine lights for me.

If you have a boost leak at the IAT sensor, that means you also have a vacuum leak there when not on boost. Maybe that vacuum leak and the exhaust leak are causing your errors.

Where exactly is your exhaust leak? And how was it found? Any tips on checking for exhaust leaks? I'm still a bit paranoid that I might have a non-obvious leak somewhere.

Once you get the leaks fixed, maybe you should follow this procedure to clear the adaptive memory and put the computer into "fast learn mode": http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-89.htm

One possibility is that it the computer has some calibrations stored in there that are now incorrect enough with the turbo kit to cause error codes. Details on adaptive memory and "fast learn mode" are hard to find, so it's unclear whether the computer would eventually "slow learn" new calibrations, or whether clearing the adaptive memory is the ONLY way to get the computer to re-calibrate.