Close

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Just to chime in, we don't have any check engine lights thus far. My kit included the hose with the pre-punched hole for the air sensor. It was tight to install but worked to my benefit once done.

We had to battle some exhaust leaks during the install process - but that is normal. Ended up completely disconnecting a couple joints to start over and get a better seal. Seemed to work well enough after and no leaks after several hundred miles of driving.

Pickles - My buddy has a smoke system for testing leaks which we'll use in a couple weeks. Short of that, I've seen people use homemade stethoscope-type devices to listen for them. Simply enough though..get a good light and look for any areas with black sooty dust near joints after shes cooled down. Too simple - maybe..but it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    No check engine lights for me.

If you have a boost leak at the IAT sensor, that means you also have a vacuum leak there when not on boost. Maybe that vacuum leak and the exhaust leak are causing your errors.

Where exactly is your exhaust leak? And how was it found? Any tips on checking for exhaust leaks? I'm still a bit paranoid that I might have a non-obvious leak somewhere.

Once you get the leaks fixed, maybe you should follow this procedure to clear the adaptive memory and put the computer into "fast learn mode": http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-89.htm

One possibility is that it the computer has some calibrations stored in there that are now incorrect enough with the turbo kit to cause error codes. Details on adaptive memory and "fast learn mode" are hard to find, so it's unclear whether the computer would eventually "slow learn" new calibrations, or whether clearing the adaptive memory is the ONLY way to get the computer to re-calibrate.
    My exhaust leak was under the driver side, where the exhaust meets the cat back? Thats where the my installer found the leak. He found the black puff marks. I could hear what sounded like some air leaking.. i have an after market exhaust too, and before the turbo was installed the exhaust sounded nice and throaty.. its a Dynomax competition evo. And when the turbo was installed after driving it around i could hear some unusual sounds coming from the pipes that would sound like there is something not tightened well and air is leaking somewhere...its like a puttering sound at low speeds at the lower RPMS. Sure enough i took it back to my installer and he found a leak. I still think theres some leaks around the passenger side pipes, it just doesnt sound smooth and rumbly/throaty like it used to before the turbo. and at low speeds/rpms it should sound the same as it did stock before the turbo, and it doesnt.. So ill find out tomorrow when i take it to the shop. Im going to have them check thoroughly for boost leak and exhaust leak check all the sensors and just make her right like she's suppose to.. Also see if they can dial her in with automatic tune.. Ill keep you guys updated. Oh and another thing, pickles on the adaptive memory clear....I have the AEV procal, thats what i use to clear the codes.. will this method work better than the AEV procal as far as resetting the codes? Also i forgot to add.. I use the AEV PRocal ontop of the diablo intune. I use to calibrate my tires and gear ratio.. My Diablo intune does not have the Quick Adjust parameters that allows me to adjust tires and gear ratio. Dan and the guys have been trying to fix/update my Tuner... No luck so far so they told me to use the Procal until my Diablo tuner is working properly and they can get me quick adjust parameters download on to the tuner.. I think the Manuals benefit a lot more from the turbo as far as the tuning goes.. Hope this shop can help me tomorrow. Limited on performance shops here in New Orleans, even more with 4x4 shops. We shall see. Keep you guys updated.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjeeper View Post
    at low speeds/rpms it should sound the same as it did stock before the turbo, and it doesnt
    Remember that the turbo kit significantly changed the exhaust, including getting rid of the equal-length pipes before the Y connector (stock exhaust has that funny loop on the driver-side pipe before the Y-pipe). I actually just talked to someone this weekend that works at Chrysler, and he told me about how the Wrangler is the only 3.6 Pentastar vehicle with that loop for equal-length pipes, and that it was done mostly for the purpose of sound. It makes sense, then, that the turbo kit with its unequal length pipes will now sound different.

Oh and another thing, pickles on the adaptive memory clear....I have the AEV procal, thats what i use to clear the codes.. will this method work better than the AEV procal as far as resetting the codes?
    Resetting trouble codes does not reset adaptive memory. They are unrelated. You either need to follow the procedure I linked to, or have a dealership reset adaptive memory using their expensive Chrysler diagnostics tools.

My Diablo intune does not have the Quick Adjust parameters that allows me to adjust tires and gear ratio. Dan and the guys have been trying to fix/update my Tuner
    The joys of being an early adopter
    Hang in there. Based on my experience so far, Prodigy will resolve your issues.

I think the manual transmission guys are on something like the second Prodigy tune. Mine runs pretty well considering the problems the early adopters of superchargers had with their tunes. I"ll soon be climbing back under my jeep to make sure everything in the exhaust system is tight as I want to minimize the chance of exhaust-related issues causing trouble.

I discovered a few exhaust leaks today. I taped the hose of a shop vac to the tail pipe and hooked the hose up to the outlet of the shop vac to blow air into the exhaust system. This allowed me to feel around and listen for leaks on a cold exhaust system. Be sure to not 100% seal the hose to the tail pipe, or else you might overload the shop vac motor.

Some of those leaks are BEFORE the turbo, so I wonder how much boost I'm missing out on right now. I hope get some time to try to figure out how to fix the leaks soon, then I'll have to create an updated boost curve from a data log to see how much improvement I get.

Anyone have any good tips for getting rid of leaks at the ball joints of the Prodigy exhaust? I simply tightened the clamps a lot, but that doesn't seem to be enough, and I'm afraid to continue tightening more (the clamp plates are already starting to bend).

Ive got more exhaust leaks as well. The passenger side exhaust manifold, was a bad bad leak. I ordered a gasket from the dealership cost about $8.00 its going on tomorrow morning.. Had leak right under the turbo.. at the base.. we just tightened the bolts all 4 of them...also had leaks on the passenger side pipes where they connect at the "Y" joints.. we just loosened them and reattached and tightened, per Dan's advice.. We also used the smoke test method. Works really well! if theres any leaks the smoke will leak out in those areas.. hopefully the gasket will fix my check engine codes and correct my gas mileage, my computer is over compensating and pumping a lot of fuel due to the exhaust leaks..Will report back tomorrow after the leaks have been corrected..Also just ordered the stage 2 upgrade today

Ive got more exhaust leaks as well. The passenger side exhaust manifold, was a bad bad leak. I ordered a gasket from the dealership cost about $8.00 its going on tomorrow morning.. Had leak right under the turbo.. at the base.. we just tightened the bolts all 4 of them...also had leaks on the passenger side pipes where they connect at the "Y" joints.. we just loosened them and reattached and tightened, per Dan's advice.. We also used the smoke test method. Works really well! if theres any leaks the smoke will leak out in those areas.. hopefully the gasket will fix my check engine codes and correct my gas mileage, my computer is over compensating and pumping a lot of fuel due to the exhaust leaks..Will report back tomorrow after the leaks have been corrected..Also just ordered the stage 2 upgrade today
    What codes are you getting? O2?

I am so excited. My stage 2 kit is on the way

I am so jealous. I don't think I'll be able to order the stage 2 upgrade for quite a while. Many months