Close

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Okay!! Gasket was installed, all leaks are fixed! And let me tell you, what a difference that made! The jeep sounds so much nicer without all those leaks...i can actually hear the swwooshh sound of the wastegate, i can hear my dyno max evo exhaust! Just a different experience with the fixes! I cleared the code using the AEV Procal and also reset adaptive memory per Pickles link and advice! Thanks! So now we just wait and see how everything turns out. Thanks everyone!

Well after driving around town with the reset adaptive memory and clearing the code.. driving around for about 30 mins very moderately.. I hear a "Diinng" and check engine light comes on.. UGH!.. sure enough its good'ol code: P0153..Ill pull the senor out tomorrow and check the harness/cables..

If you don't find an obvious problem with the wires or connector, you could try swapping the sensor with the upstream sensor from the other side. If the error code follows the sensor, then you know the sensor is the issue.

Also double check that the upstream and downstream sensors are plugged into the correct connectors.

Also important is that the upstream and downstream sensors are different part numbers, so if an upstream and downstream sensor got swapped during the install, this could cause problems. The install guide specifically said to arrange the sensors by connector color, but I found that the connector colors were opposite on one side vs the other in stock form. One side had a black connector upstream, white connector downstream, while the other side had white upstream and black downstream. I simply kept all of my O2 sensors in the same arrangement when I moved them from the stock pipes to the Prodigy pipes, disregarding the connector colors. If your connectors were arranged based on connector color, you may have an upstream/downstream swap.

Install guide says that upstream sensors have black connectors, and downstream are white. My driver side sensors were opposite. If your problem is on the driver side, and your upstream driver sensor has a black connector, try swapping the driver side upstream and downstream connectors.

Sure enough they were swapped, Driver side had black connectors upstream and white connectors downstream. I checked the wires/cables and all looked good nothing melted or ripped. I switched them out, put the white connector o2 sensors upstream and the black connectors downstream. (when i pulled the downstream o2 Sensor out they were BLACK!..I think that means im burning lean..) Flashed the codes again with the Procal. Drove for a good hour and no Check engine light so far.. So we shall see... Thanks for the Advice pickles! Oh and dont be down about not being able to upgrade to stage 2 for a while...This will give Prodigy some time to further more prefect the tune when you're ready to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjeeper View Post
    I switched them out, put the white connector o2 sensors upstream and the black connectors downstream.
    Did you do this on both sides, or just the driver side?

On my jeep, the passenger side upstream sensor's connector was black, and downstream was white (as specified in the Prodigy instructions). Thanks for the consistency, Chrysler!

i just did this for the Driver side...So which is the correct way for the passenger side? black downstream and white upstream?

Black upstream is correct for the passenger side. So I think you're good now. Sorry for the confusion

Btw - when talking about connector colors, I'm only referring to the color of the connector on the sensor. I don't remember what colors the connectors are on the wire harness side, but those should be obvious based on location. The more forward/upward located harness connector is for the upstream sensor.

I'm thinking that Prodigy's instructions should be updated to not mention connector colors, and simply say to transfer the sensors from the stock pipes to the corresponding locations on the Prodigy pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I don't remember what colors the connectors are on the wire harness side, but those should be obvious based on location. The more forward/upward located harness connector is for the upstream sensor.
    I was just looking at mine, and this statement is only true for the passenger side. The driver side wiring harness has connectors for both upstream and downstream sensors right next to each other. The wiring harness connectors appear to be color coordinated to match the color of the connector of the sensor... but remember that when looking at those connections, the sensor connector you see there is the Prodigy extension cable; not the sensor connector itself, so don't trust the color of the sensor-side connector where downstream sensor plugs into the factory wiring harness

Sorry to be slightly off topic. Shouldn't we use a turbo timer for this kit. What brand can I fit in JK. (Used to have a supra with apexi turbo timer)

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I was just looking at mine, and this statement is only true for the passenger side. The driver side wiring harness has connectors for both upstream and downstream sensors right next to each other. The wiring harness connectors appear to be color coordinated to match the color of the connector of the sensor... but remember that when looking at those connections, the sensor connector you see there is the Prodigy extension cable; not the sensor connector itself, so don't trust the color of the sensor-side connector where downstream sensor plugs into the factory wiring harness
    Yeah that confused me when i was swapping them out.. But you wont be able to connect the upstream sensor (white connector), with the downstream wiring harness... The connectors do not match up....The upstream sensor (white connector) will only match up with the white wiring harness...