Close

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsking View Post
    Sorry to be slightly off topic. Shouldn't we use a turbo timer for this kit. What brand can I fit in JK. (Used to have a supra with apexi turbo timer)
    Ive got AEM Boost gauge along with AEM Wideband Air fuel ratio gauge that i still need to install.... Ill wait until the stage 2 upgrade arrives and have the shop install everything.. They will be doing a Dyno before and after the stage 2 install. Ill get Pictures and video when that does happen.. hopefully Dan ships my upgrade early next week.... and then install the week after... So 2 weeks.. i hope..

Off topic also... Anyone running a 2012+ Auto transmission thats had their jeep or know of someone who was able to dyno the jeep in 2 wheel drive? If so how did they achieve this... Last time i had the jeep on a Dyno it was a nightmare.. Could not shift out of 1st gear on 2 wheel drive with the manual engaged.. Turned off Traction control and even pulled out the ABS sensors in the rear wheels.. No luck.. Had to dyno in 4Hi.. Even then we could not get an accurate dyno in 4hi in 4th gear.. The jeep kept downshifting.. Any advice would help.. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjeeper View Post
    Off topic also... Anyone running a 2012+ Auto transmission thats had their jeep or know of someone who was able to dyno the jeep in 2 wheel drive? If so how did they achieve this... Last time i had the jeep on a Dyno it was a nightmare.. Could not shift out of 1st gear on 2 wheel drive with the manual engaged.. Turned off Traction control and even pulled out the ABS sensors in the rear wheels.. No luck.. Had to dyno in 4Hi.. Even then we could not get an accurate dyno in 4hi in 4th gear.. The jeep kept downshifting.. Any advice would help.. Thanks.
    what a pain in the neck! Maybe the turbo guys will chime in on how to do it.

Well, I loosened up all of my exhaust joints, disconnected them, reconnected them, and re-tightened them. Good news is that I've reduced the leaks at the ball joints to so tiny they're not worth trying to make better. Bad news is that I must have shifted or damaged the head pipe gaskets during all the pipe manipulation, so now I have leaks there. Looks like I have to order new gaskets and do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Well, I loosened up all of my exhaust joints, disconnected them, reconnected them, and re-tightened them. Good news is that I've reduced the leaks at the ball joints to so tiny they're not worth trying to make better. Bad news is that I must have shifted or damaged the head pipe gaskets during all the pipe manipulation, so now I have leaks there. Looks like I have to order new gaskets and do it all over again.
    Yeah i totally understand pickles! I battled these exhaust leaks for a week!! And my manifold (passenger side) leak was Baaad! Gasket from dealership was 8 bucks.. Once you get that on if your leak is half as bad as mine you'll notice a difference in throttle response and noise. As well as gas mileage, i was burning through my tank abnormally fast. Exhaust Leaks are common and they are something we will have to keep an eye out and check up on like maintenance.

Ive got AEM Boost gauge along with AEM Wideband Air fuel ratio gauge that i still need to install.... Ill wait until the stage 2 upgrade arrives and have the shop install everything.. They will be doing a Dyno before and after the stage 2 install. Ill get Pictures and video when that does happen.. hopefully Dan ships my upgrade early next week.... and then install the week after... So 2 weeks.. i hope..
    Wow even me I got AEM WIDE BAND and greddy multi boost, pressure and temperature gauge but my questions is how to connect a turbo timer?

i have no idea... this is my first turbo vehicle..guess you can call prodigy and ask dan or wes how to go abouts doing so...or call a reputable tuning shop and ask them..

i have no idea... this is my first turbo vehicle..guess you can call prodigy and ask dan or wes how to go abouts doing so...or call a reputable tuning shop and ask them..
    Man oh man guys... Exhaust leak this, wrong sensor that, crankcase ventilation, your own mods to fix things that Prodigy should have thought of, etc. etc... Makes me feel that the supercharger really is a more simple setup over a turbo. The only thing that could convince me otherwise right now would be if the Stage 2 really did blow the doors off the superchargers. Sounds like the stage 1 is on par, and for on par, just doesn't sound worth it (for the problems, the lengthy install, or the turbo lag.) (Please understand, this is NOT a knock on anyone that went this route as I think it is incredibly awesome that you did it vs. us fully aspirated slow-pokes, and I really would take either if given to me )

Jeeplab... Screw the dyno, screw the analysis. Line up all three Jeeps, the RIPP, the Magy, and the Prodigy, hit the record button on a camera and lets watch these suckers do a race-off, IN 4 HIGH, and then post it on YouTube, and we can just end this once and for all.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Man oh man guys... Exhaust leak this, wrong sensor that, crankcase ventilation, your own mods to fix things that Prodigy should have thought of, etc. etc... Makes me feel that the supercharger really is a more simple setup over a turbo. The only thing that could convince me otherwise right now would be if the Stage 2 really did blow the doors off the superchargers. Sounds like the stage 1 is on par, and for on par, just doesn't sound worth it (for the problems, the lengthy install, or the turbo lag.) (Please understand, this is NOT a knock on anyone that went this route as I think it is incredibly awesome that you did it vs. us fully aspirated slow-pokes, and I really would take either if given to me )

Jeeplab... Screw the dyno, screw the analysis. Line up all three Jeeps, the RIPP, the Magy, and the Prodigy, hit the record button on a camera and lets watch these suckers do a race-off, IN 4 HIGH, and then post it on YouTube, and we can just end this once and for all.
    First, you have to keep in mind that the turbo is brand new, any power mod is going to have hiccups out of the gate. Its an evolution, and the turbo is behind both SCs in time on public jeeps getting feedback from everyone. All the power mods impove as time goes on.

We didnt "mod" anything when we put the Turbo in.

As far as lining them up 3 wide and smashing the gas pedal- The trucks themselves are not apples to apples -

Black Betty - RIPP SC
    4 door
    4.56 gearing
    Aluminum Armor
    37 inch tires

Sweet Pea - MAGNUSON SC
    4 door
    4.10 Gearing
    Stock 32 inch tires
    No armor

Jesse's Girl - Prodigy Turbo
    2 door
    4.88 gearing
    37 inch tires
    Steel metalcloak armor/flares

If they were all the same gearing, wheel tire combo, overall weight, Id have no problem lining them up.

They are all manual trans, and they all get dyno'd with 32 inch tires. So we try to cut the variables out that way. So its an engine, Stock drive train, power mod, and standard wheels and tires.

Man oh man guys... Exhaust leak this, wrong sensor that, crankcase ventilation, your own mods to fix things that Prodigy should have thought of, etc. etc...
    Checking for and solving exhaust leaks at connection points are a normal part of installing any new exhaust system, and they are easily solved. If leaks at the re-used header gasket turn out to be common, then maybe Prodigy will start including replacement gaskets in the kit. My guess is that Prodigy hasn't had problems with reusing the gaskets on any of their installs yet, so there was no reason for them to believe it could be an issue.

BTW - my leak at the header gasket is actually quite small. I can't hear it, it's not throwing any codes, and my gas mileage is still very good. I only know it's there because I sprayed soapy water on that area while blowing air into the tail pipe with a shop vac, and it created a cluster of bubbles there.

NOLAjeeper's O2 sensor issue was a simple install error caused by mistake in the install guide that can be easily fixed.

Crankcase ventilation mods I posted were cosmetic only, because I'm OCD about keeping my mods looking as "factory" as possible.

These are all minor issues. As an early adopter, I knew there was a risk of unexpected minor issues. With a major modification like this, some issues don't become apparent until many kits have been installed by many different people. It's just the nature of the beast, which is why many people wait for the early adopters to shake out the early issues. I'm being a good early adopter and providing feedback to Prodigy so that they may choose to improve their product for future customers

I'll gladly take these minor issues instead of something like this: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/ma...l#post12227585

Makes me feel that the supercharger really is a more simple setup over a turbo.
    Yes, regardless of the minor install issues you mention, a supercharger install is simpler. It's just inherently simpler because it doesn't require the exhaust system to be re-routed.

Sounds like the stage 1 is on par
    Being "on par" while being about $1000 less expensive is actually quite impressive. For all-out full throttle acceleration performance, even the stage 1 turbo will probably beat the superchargers.

Line up all three Jeeps, the RIPP, the Magy, and the Prodigy, hit the record button on a camera and lets watch these suckers do a race-off, IN 4 HIGH, and then post it on YouTube, and we can just end this once and for all.
    I'd like to see that. I suggest including a stock jeep in that lineup for comparison

The problem would be that some are 2-door, some 4-door, different tires, axle ratios, and weights. The wrangler seems to be a uniquely challenging vehicle to get valid performance comparisons. Even in stock form, there's a variety of curb weights, tires sizes, and axle ratios.