Close

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Forgive me, but are you serious, you need a lift to prevent the front drive shaft from hitting the downpipe? Wow, don't go over a 3" lift then, because then your drive shaft will hit the exhaust pipe (unless that was relocated.) I'm at a 4" lift, and I already tore my drive shaft boot on the exhaust pipe when my suspension dropped while wheelin'. I just purchased a new front CV driveshaft that is thinner than the stock one to help deal with that. Ugh, the mods never stop once you lift it to correct issues, because somehow Chrysler didn't seem to think that ONLY EVERY JEEP OWNER ON THE PLANET WANTS TO LIFT THEIR JEEP!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I don't think that. It wont hit the drive shaft because as per the previous pictures posted it seems that the right side exhaust which comes underneath the shaft is deleted. So no worries. But the lower downpipe which goes behind the engine is the one which is been referred. Am I right jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Wow, don't go over a 3" lift then, because then your drive shaft will hit the exhaust pipe (unless that was relocated.)
    With the turbo installed, there is no portion of the exhaust UNDER the driveshaft anywhere, so there is no maximum lift allowed for exhaust clearance. I guess Prodigy assumes that people will lift their Jeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsking View Post
    Am I right jeff?
    Yes.

I don't seem to have any good pictures of the layout of the pipes underneath. I'll take some pics when I have the front end lifted up for the lift installation.

Ugh. I saw that lift required on the first page and thought of you immediately. I just got the manual a day or two ago.

Looks like you've got a grip on it tho. I also would not go out of my way to install it on a jeep that is not completely prepared for it. Meaning cramming it into a truck without the minimum lift. God forbid you damage the pipe and then have some sort of improper air flow later.

Not the end of the world, but that will definately add some hours to your install. trying to figure out milimeters, and then try to predict axle travel...etc. That stuff takes forever. Then you need to work up the spine to test it.

Last thing you want is to be enjoying your turbo at speed and then a pothole really F's up your truck.

Not sure when I'll get it installed. I'll probably start working on my detailed turbo install writeup tomorrow evening since it will be raining and I won't be able to install the lift then. I'll be tackling it in small chunks, with small individual posts over the course of several days. Please be patient. I'm still getting caught up on sleep and feeling quite tired. It doesn't help that I dislocated a rib during the install, so my body requires even more rest for healing.

And now that I'm installing a lift, I suppose I'll have to take pictures and start a new thread for that eventually...
    Last edited by UselessPickles; 11-22-2014 at 11:27 PM.

We finally have tracking for our TURBO!

Now we just need to wait for the prodigy guys to get on a plane and get up here to install it.

This is fun. Pickles I dislocated a rib under my Jeep the other day. It hurts. I guess I am getting to old to crawl around under there.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post

Now we just need to wait for the prodigy guys to get on a plane and get up here to install it.
    Excellent news!

Also - Pickles - I don't think your jeep will look bad at all like the pic you posted. Keep an eye on Craigslist too. If you can save a good deal of money on some wheels or tires you like, then you can bump up your timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Woohoo! Is the plan still to jump straight to stage 2, or are you starting with stage 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Pickles I dislocated a rib under my Jeep the other day. It hurts.
    Yes, it does. I dislocated a rib last April while installing a child car seat in the back of my jeep (leaned on the car seat too hard while reaching for the latch bracket way down at the bottom of the rear seat). This jeep must hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I don't think your jeep will look bad at all like the pic you posted. Keep an eye on Craigslist too. If you can save a good deal of money on some wheels or tires you like, then you can bump up your timeline.
    That picture is a 2-door jeep with 2" lift and factory 29" tires. I have a 2-door jeep with factory 29" tires, and I'm adding a 2" lift. I'm doomed.

I also have very specific tires and wheels picked out already, and I'm not going to compromise just to get bigger tires sooner. I would always be wishing I would have just waited and saved for what I really want.