Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    For what it's worth, I have a Pro Comp Stage 2 lift. I have no idea what bushings they typically use. I know AEV keeps OEM bushings, but I read about people with OEM bushing complaining right and left about squeaks as well, so I'm not so sure OEM is better than any other.

I guess the other thing that has made this difficult is that jumping on the corners just doesn't have it squeaking as much as when I start off from a full stop. There is just something flat out going on during acceleration that causes more squeaks, that's why I'm thinking maybe the control arms are the culprits of most of it.

Ideas!?!?!
    1. WD 40. Lay on a creeper and spray everything down. use the whole can.
    2. Check your shocks, new? beat up? brand?
    3. do you have a crate of mice in the back seat?
    4. I dont know anything about pro comps stuff. but here is a pic, what are the flat things on the top left corner?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift-kit-procomp_7740.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	806

How long do you let it sit when you leave it? a week? long enough for a glaze of rust to grow on the rotors? thats what would make a squeek immediately, then stop.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    1. WD 40. Lay on a creeper and spray everything down. use the whole can.
    2. Check your shocks, new? beat up? brand?
    3. do you have a crate of mice in the back seat?
    4. I dont know anything about pro comps stuff. but here is a pic, what are the flat things on the top left corner?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift-kit-procomp_7740.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	806

How long do you let it sit when you leave it? a week? long enough for a glaze of rust to grow on the rotors? thats what would make a squeek immediately, then stop.
    1. Already done - used lithium grease as everyone says WD-40 doesn't work, doesn't last, or attracts more junk.
    2. Shocks - Bilstein 5160's with remote reservoir, brand new (again, Jeep only has 7000 miles on it.)
    3. No crate of mice, good thought though.
    4. Pic shows lower control arms in the upper left of the pic.

It can sit for 30 minutes and then the brakes will squeak when reversing.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.