Close

BFG KO2....Duratrac killer....

Its been due for a while, and BFG finally did it.

The KO2 is coming out and its got a more aggressive all terrain tread.

Let me dig up some pics and kick the convo off with some info.

I'm trying to get some details on the compound used and the sizes that they come in. Im hoping for a set of 38s

i had a set of the original ko's on a toyota tacoma. They truely lasted 50 k miles.

Not, that i just didnt change them, and ran them bald for the last 10k miles. I measured the tread when rotating.

I dont kid around with tires. I had an ugly spin out once on bald tires. So really, when I say i got 5 years out of my ko's i mean 5 real years. Really good tires for almost everything but mud.

I never drove that truck wishing I had different rubber on it. BFG makes a good tire.

I will say, the KM2 is really good, but for a north east winter... My rig may wear these new KO2s in the winter. Im hoping its a soft compound. The duratrac is a good tire. BFG must have taken that into consideration and made a good all weather soft rubber compound tire.

Room for a girl in here?

I love the duratrac...but the size limitations are a pain. It will be good to have a taller options for a all terrain with an agressive look. Is JL gonna test some of these?

What kind of testing would you guys propose?

Is this our first girl? ^^

Good to have one, as no one likes a sausage party. LOL

And she is dead on about the duratrac's size limitations. Real Pain that you cannot get a real 35" tire in that model.

If BFG offers the new all-terrain in the same sizes as the KM2 the duratrac is going to be in severe trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLexi View Post
    Room for a girl in here?

I love the duratrac...but the size limitations are a pain. It will be good to have a taller options for a all terrain with an agressive look. Is JL gonna test some of these?

What kind of testing would you guys propose?
    always room for a girl. And i think we will all agree with you. The duratrac is a good tire limited by a poor marketing strategy. I think they were trying to keep it from cannibalizing the MTR. but whats going to happen, is its the duratrac is going to get cannibalized by the KO2.

As far as testing. WHEEL IT. Throw it in the mud. Make it climb rocks. Make it ford rivers, Dirt Road, Highway, See how loud it is. (it should be silent)

These look great! It will be interesting to read the reviews once the masses get a hold of them.

I had KO's on my Nissan 4x4 for a while and also had them on the rear of my old ford work truck back in the late 90's. Impressive tire. Pulled me into and out of places I shouldn't have been.

If I were ever to go back to an "All-Terrain" tire I would jump on these as they look like they would bite a little more than the old style. They look like they will clean out better also. Love that sidewall!!

Quote Originally Posted by GutWrench View Post
    These look great! It will be interesting to read the reviews once the masses get a hold of them.

I had KO's on my Nissan 4x4 for a while and also had them on the rear of my old ford work truck back in the late 90's. Impressive tire. Pulled me into and out of places I shouldn't have been.

If I were ever to go back to an "All-Terrain" tire I would jump on these as they look like they would bite a little more than the old style. They look like they will clean out better also. Love that sidewall!!
    I cant wait to see them up close.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I cant wait to see them up close.
    With Jeeplab's initial great experience with the (sadly small) duratracs, I wanted a set in 37". Since they didn't exist, I went KM2 and have been pleased on and of road.

If these KO2s perform as well as duratracs, but are offered in a larger size, they will probably be my next big tire. Truth is most of us are on road, most of the time. I can sacrifice a bit of mud performance for on road prowess.

We need a set!