Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Jeep 2012+ ProCharger

It looks like the alternator gets relocated down low (maybe a water/dust issue?), and the ProCharger SC mounts almost dead center of the engine cover approx where the alternator was positioned.

Their promo video claims that there is no cutting or grinding required. The Intercooler they provide is supposedly "biggest available for the JK."

The installed setup actually looks pretty good, though I am sure very few Jeepers are driving them around.

I would test this thing out, as it looks like you can just in-bolt it and go back to stock quite easily.

Lots of forced induction choices for the 3.6 Pentastar now:

Centrifugal: RIPP, ProCharger
    Roots: Magnuson, Edelbrock
    Lysholm (Twin-Screw): Sprintex
    Turbo: Progidy, Atlanta Jeeps Turbo (hopefully remembered their name correctly?)

I hope JeepLab can have a shot at the ProCharger as well.
    Last edited by doc5339; 10-16-2015 at 12:51 AM.
    2013 JKUR
    Magnuson Supercharger (66mm Pulley) with Catch Can
    Innovate Wide Band O2 Sensor
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    6-Speed MT with B&M Precision Sport Shifter
    4.10 Rear Diff
    Line-X of Interior and Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage
    JW Speaker Headlights, Fog Lights, and Tail Lights
    BFG All-Terrain T/A KO LT265 70 17 (actual height: 30.75")

Quote Originally Posted by doc5339 View Post
    It looks like the alternator gets relocated down low (maybe a water/dust issue?), and the ProCharger SC mount almost dead center of the engine cover approx where the alternator was positioned.

Their promo video claims that there is no cutting or grinding required. The Intercooler they provide is supposedly "biggest available for the JK."

The installed setup actually looks pretty good, though I am sure very few Jeepers are driving them around.

I would test this thing out, as it looks like you can just in-bolt it and go back to stock quite easily.

Lots of forced induction choices for the 3.6 Pentastar now:

Centrifugal: RIPP, ProCharger
    Roots: Magnuson, Edelbrock
    Lysholm (Twin-Screw): Sprintex
    Turbo: Progidy, Atlanta Jeeps Turbo (hopefully remembered their name correctly?)

I hope JeepLab can have a shot at the ProCharger as well.
    I was in touch with pro-charger MONTHS ago. I'll contact them again. Are they shipping the unit?

Jeep 2012+ ProCharger

No idea? I just started researching them after I came across one of their "Tuner" Superchargers listed on eBay for $5,235 or best offer, then I looked-up their promo video.

Would love to see the ProCharger installed, dyno'ed and tested on a manual. I would offer my own, but I am not in NJ and am overseas a good part of the year.
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I was in touch with pro-charger MONTHS ago. I'll contact them again. Are they shipping the unit?
    Have you heard anything back from ProCharger? I am dying to see a RIPP vs. ProCharger shootout including installation, drivability, dyne pulls, and 0-60 times.

im in for ripp vs pro charger. I think its going to be close, with ripp having the edge in tuning and research.

You are probably right about the RIPP simply because they have been around longer and heard from their customers.

I need to give ProCharger a chance, simply because I am not in a hurry and really do not want to take an option off of the table because there is not enough information on it.
    2013 JKUR
    Diablotoona Custom Tune
    Volant Cold Air Intake
    4.10 Rear Diff

did anyone ever get one of these?

x2 what ever happened?