Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Who's pickin one of these up?
    Won't be me with my 3.8l...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Who's pickin one of these up?
    I would, but I seem to have a turbo in the way

But turbo + Magnuson might be a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I would, but I seem to have a turbo in the way

But turbo + Magnuson might be a possibility...
    Ba hahahaha. Yes, yes, burn those stock tires off so you have reason to replace them with bigger ones ;-)
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

I'd like to see this thing in action. Ive been saved up for a SC, but then the head to head stuff got good, so Ive been waiting.

RIPP- Best tune, least power under 3k rpm.
    Mag- tune questions, very sexy power band.
    Turbo- No one knows anything really. Im just hoping pickles jeep doesnt explode
    Pro Charger - They have the pedigree to make something fantastic, and they know the client base wants it perfect.

Could they have what it takes? Its going to come down to weather or not they make enough power.

I think that 50% line they give is going to end up short. 285 dosent cut it with a 6k power mod, when RIPP is putting down 328 in independent testing. And thats WITHOUT the high altitude pulley.

For procharger to go through the work to get to the party this late they really need to have a gem up their sleeve to get a piece of this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Im just hoping pickles jeep doesnt explode
    Me too!

I suspect that the Prodigy turbo will steal the "least power under 3k rpm" award from RIPP, but we won't know for sure until JeepLab gets theirs installed and tested on the dyno. Then there's still stage 2 coming up, which I think will be a more fair comparison to the current supercharger options. All the superchargers have intercoolers, so the turbo should have an intercooler for comparison

Either way, more forced induction options can't be a bad thing. More pressure on the competition to stand out above the others!

How could the turbo make less than everyone else under 3k rpm? Am I reading that right?

Is it parasitic that low in the power band?

I don't think there's parasitic loss with the turbo below 3000 rpm. There's just no big gains below 3000.

My prediction is that the stage 2 turbo (intercooled) will be competitive with RIPP below about 2500-3000 rpm, and completely blow RIPP (and Magnuson) out of the water above about 2500-3000 RPM. Stage 2 will be the fair comparison because it is intercooled like the superchargers are, and it is competitively priced against the superchargers.

The stage 1 kit (no intercooler) is $1000 less, so it's a more affordable option with opportunity to upgrade later, but still has huge gains in the upper half of the RPM range. For stage 1, I predict that it will beat the RIPP above 3000 rpm, then drop back down near RIPP's peak output at redline. Stage 1 turbo will overtake Magnuson at slightly higher RPM (probably before 3500 rpm) and significantly outperform Magnuson from there all the way to redline.

According to Prodigy's dyno results, the stage 1 turbo produces over 300 ft-lbs torque from 4000 to just under 5500 rpm. That's HUGE! JeepLab's results show RIPP peaking at 280 and Magnuson at 254. Of course, Prodigy used a different dyno, so who knows how valid it is to compare them.

Again, these are just my personal predictions based on publicly available info about all these systems. All I can say for sure is that the turbo is fun and makes me smile, and hasn't given me any reason to wish I would have gone another route. I have not driven a jeep with any other forced induction system, so I cannot compare them based on any personal experience.

Nothing is certain until we get dyno results from all these systems on the same dyno. Hurry up JeepLab! You need to get a local volunteer to try the STS turbo and the ProCharger supercharger now!

Anyway, let's end the derailment of this thread. Head over here to continue any turbo-specific discussion: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?13...bo-DIY-Install

No one has any dyno numbers for the ProCharger yet? I cant decide which way to go, would like to see some kind of data before pulling the trigger. I like the idea of not cutting anything up with the ProCharger although the other kits are minor. I just want to do the right thing as this is my daily driver (2014 Rubicon 3000 miles).

The only claim I've seen so far is a vague "50%+ more power" on their website.

Similarly, I haven't been able to find any results for the STS turbo kit either.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The only claim I've seen so far is a vague "50%+ more power" on their website.

Similarly, I haven't been able to find any results for the STS turbo kit either.
    Im on the case and will get to the bottom of this.