Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ProCharger says the kit should be set at 7lbs boost and 50% power gain will probably be short of actual power gain.

Only way to figure it out will be to put it on the dyno and make it SPIN.

Ill put my jeep on the operating table for this one. Ive seen the pro chargers up close before.

Let me know if you are looking for a test jeep.

You guys that have the blowers/turbos right now are you using the tune provided by the manufacture or are you having a dyno shop do a custom tune? I have a 68 Pontiac Firebird that I switched over to EFI with a blown LS3 and had a custom tune done by my dyno guy. Not sure if his tuning program supports Chrysler/Jeep he does a lot of Mustangs, Camaros, vettes.

I have the Prodigy turbo stage 1, using the custom tune that came with the kit. Diablo Intune.

The RIPP, Magnuson and Prodigy kits are all intended to be complete packages, ready to drive with the included tune. ProCharger gives the option of a "complete kit", or a "tuner kit" that does not include fuel injectors or the pre-programmed tuner. I know there's forced induction kits out there for other popularly modded cars that are incomplete or customizable that only include a "base tune" intended to let you start the engine and possibly limp carefully a short distance to a tuning shop. Because of this, some people are of the mind that you MUST get ALL forced induction kits custom tuned before driving the vehicle.

I've seen RIPP mention that they had some problems with tuning for higher elevations that caused some people to require local custom tuning. The bugs should eventually be worked out of the supplied tune for all of these kits such that no one should need custom tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer1970 View Post
    You guys that have the blowers/turbos right now are you using the tune provided by the manufacture or are you having a dyno shop do a custom tune? I have a 68 Pontiac Firebird that I switched over to EFI with a blown LS3 and had a custom tune done by my dyno guy. Not sure if his tuning program supports Chrysler/Jeep he does a lot of Mustangs, Camaros, vettes.
    All power mods come with their own tune. The tune is really what you are buying. You can probably mount a vortech or eaton supercharger or a turbo to your jeep. (turbo more difficult). It won't drive correctly without the tune teaching the pentastar to accept the surplus air.

What makes the kits worth what you pay for them is the hours and hours of dyno time necessary to build a tune that your jeep will digest and make the jeep's brain accept and use the extra power the surplus air makes.

RIPP's tune is what makes their product what it is. Magnuson, and Prodigy, same thing. The hardware is the easy part. The tune is where the real time and effort is spent.

You should not pay a 3rd party to custom tune your power mod. Bolt it on, install the tune, mash the gas pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post

You should not pay a 3rd party to custom tune your power mod. Bolt it on, install the tune, mash the gas pedal.
    100% agree. The pentastar is relatively fresh in tuners understanding of how to make it work. Prodigy has a pretty good tune out that is very drive-able and will only get better over time. They pay a lot of attention to their tune, because as Ross stated - what you're getting with the "package deal" from any forced induction provider, is the tune and future support.

bump for ProCharger, I'd like to see it tested.

Id like to see it tested also.

Where the Sprintex is different than magnuson, but similar, This procharger is VERY similar to the RIPP SC. Id like to know how they differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Id like to see it tested also.

Where the Sprintex is different than magnuson, but similar, This procharger is VERY similar to the RIPP SC. Id like to know how they differ.
    agreed, it seems similar.