Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Engo Hidden Winch Install

Here's the finished product. It was a long road to get here.

The winch is an engo e9000. Its a very tough winch that I feel won the competition i was reading in 4 wheel magazine. In the end i think they got a raw deal.

Also, you cannot argue with a $300 winch.

This install is a good route for anyone who is looking for max offroad capability with the minimum weight, and expense.

Here's how it looks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engo Hidden Winch 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	48

Name:	Engo Hidden Winch 1 (2).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	49

Name:	Engo Hidden Winch 1 (3).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	50

Name:	Engo Hidden Winch 1 (4).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	51

The winch plate is the harbor freight winch plate. I think we paid about 40 bucks for it. Look for HF coupons.

Give yourself a good amount of time for this install. Expect to move the vacuum pump if you have a rubicon, cut the universal winch mount plate from HF, and we made sleeves to mount the fairlead so we didn't have to cut the front of the bumper. I must say it did look really good when it was done.

That is SLICK looking.

You might think it was stock if you didnt know it was modded. Did you guys, damage the winch driving around and wheeling it exposed from underneath?

I must do this, love the look. I would swear it looks stock

With my MBRP light bar on the front of my vehicle, this is going to be the only way I could utilize a winch system.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank The Tank View Post
    I must do this, love the look. I would swear it looks stock

With my MBRP light bar on the front of my vehicle, this is going to be the only way I could utilize a winch system.
    It does look good.

If i HAD to do it over again, I would relocate the solenoid box somewhere else, so it would jut be the winch cable coming out of the stock bumper.

It really did look great.

Looks great! Might have to my next purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
    Looks great! Might have to my next purchase
    It would look good on your truck and you have the springs to hold up the extra weight.

We should get together and figure out how to remote mount the switches, do ours both at the same time. We both have Engo 9000 pound winches. The parts required are minimal, mostly just cabling and ingenuity. I've read the real challenge is finding a PLACE in the JK engine bay for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    We should get together and figure out how to remote mount the switches, do ours both at the same time. We both have Engo 9000 pound winches. The parts required are minimal, mostly just cabling and ingenuity. I've read the real challenge is finding a PLACE in the JK engine bay for them?
    That is exactly the problem. You need to use a remote, as where its going to end up may be out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    That is exactly the problem. You need to use a remote, as where its going to end up may be out of reach.
    Engo makes a wireless remote for our winches. We could remote mount them, then use the wireless winch control. Not ideal but it could be done. That way if they weren't supremely accessible, you'd have functionality. If the wireless wasn't working..you'd have to still get access which might not be fun in the mud and muck.

Name:	Engowireless.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	357