Just got word back from Powertrain Industries. They received my drive shaft and after examining it, it appears it is not their standard front drive shaft. The customer (ie. reseller) that ordered this, ordered it as a full spline vs. partial spline. I guess this provides for more travel (extension) over the partial spline. I guess that rock crawlers that build crazy articulating rigs like the full spline for this extra extension. All this being said, he did indicate that somehow the shaft was built exactly 1" too long.

Long story short, because it is a full spline shaft, he said it would be in my best interest to let Powertrain shorten the shaft, re-balance and re-paint it vs. shipping out another in stock. He said if I ever sold my Jeep to someone that was going to rock crawl, they'd spot the difference and they would prefer it over a partial spline. For my type of driving and lift, partial or full spline just won't make a difference as I'll never stretch the shaft enough to begin with.