Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    I would have had them send a new one, trusting you to return the incorrect one. The way you trusted them to send the correct gear in the first place.
    I would like to, but that is not an option. I purchased the drive shaft from a company that has gone out of business, that apparently purchased it from an authorized re-seller of theirs. As such, there is no real paper trail on this so they won't just do a swap. Now don't get me wrong, they COULD swap it, but they won't without the paper trail so they are offering to "fix" it. I pushed pretty hard for the swap but I couldn't get them to budget, so I'm taking what I can get.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I would like to, but that is not an option. I purchased the drive shaft from a company that has gone out of business, that apparently purchased it from an authorized re-seller of theirs. As such, there is no real paper trail on this so they won't just do a swap. Now don't get me wrong, they COULD swap it, but they won't without the paper trail so they are offering to "fix" it. I pushed pretty hard for the swap but I couldn't get them to budget, so I'm taking what I can get.
    How can you be sure they will send it back "fixed"? ugly situation. My heart goes out to you. nothing worse than having your rig on the shelf in prime wheeling season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    How can you be sure they will send it back "fixed"? ugly situation. My heart goes out to you. nothing worse than having your rig on the shelf in prime wheeling season.
    They would be crazy not to send back the corrected shaft. It would be the end of their business.

As far as drive shafts overall, has anyone done anything any other company? We all have lifts, but it doesnt seem that we all have upgraded drive shafts.

Just got word back from Powertrain Industries. They received my drive shaft and after examining it, it appears it is not their standard front drive shaft. The customer (ie. reseller) that ordered this, ordered it as a full spline vs. partial spline. I guess this provides for more travel (extension) over the partial spline. I guess that rock crawlers that build crazy articulating rigs like the full spline for this extra extension. All this being said, he did indicate that somehow the shaft was built exactly 1" too long.

Long story short, because it is a full spline shaft, he said it would be in my best interest to let Powertrain shorten the shaft, re-balance and re-paint it vs. shipping out another in stock. He said if I ever sold my Jeep to someone that was going to rock crawl, they'd spot the difference and they would prefer it over a partial spline. For my type of driving and lift, partial or full spline just won't make a difference as I'll never stretch the shaft enough to begin with.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.