Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I smell BS in that "6000 is the limit for dyno runs" rule. Sounds like an old rule of thumb from the days before electronic rev limiters existed. There's all kinds of engines out there that rev much higher than 6000 rpm. I think my wife's car revs to 8000 or 9000 rpm. You wouldn't stop the dyno at 6000 on that engine. Modern engines are designed to run safely (and often even continuously) anywhere within the rpm range all the way up to the rev limit.

Clickable images for full size seems to work nicely now. It' just missing the message that explains that it can be clicked for full size.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I smell BS in that "6000 is the limit for dyno runs" rule. Sounds like an old rule of thumb from the days before electronic rev limiters existed. There's all kinds of engines out there that rev much higher than 6000 rpm. I think my wife's car revs to 8000 or 9000 rpm. You wouldn't stop the dyno at 6000 on that engine. Modern engines are designed to run safely (and often even continuously) anywhere within the rpm range all the way up to the rev limit.

Clickable images for full size seems to work nicely now. It' just missing the message that explains that it can be clicked for full size.
    Pickles calls shenanigans!! Lol!

I had asked Ripp and Mag both gave me a point to hit. I remember we went past it on our Dyno. I didn't mean it as an overall Dyno rule. I remember being impressed that the Dyno guy got it up so high.

You do see the prodigy line 'crest'. It's made all the power it's gong to make by the time the line stops.
    Last edited by JeepLab; 08-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.