Close

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    It was cool the way you did this on instagram and facebook.

Is there a sound byte coming?

Yes a sound byte is on the way.

Here's the first vid!

Overview and SoundByte

my first review of the turbo driving is next.

I am in a process of ordering one. Already had a talk with Dan Mara VP prodigy , hope everything goes well.

There's a new kit with a ball bearing turbo water cooled coming soon.

Thanks Ross and Jeff for the info's.

Hope to get a technical supports internationally once needed

When do we get to hear that blow-off valve? I'm interested to hear how it sounds compared to my stage 1 kit (which has not blow-off valve) when shifting gears.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    When do we get to hear that blow-off valve? I'm interested to hear how it sounds compared to my stage 1 kit (which has not blow-off valve) when shifting gears.
    Its a hard sound to capture, as you have to be shifting on the throttle. Making the noise is easy, its getting a camera to pick it up that's hard.

We'll see if there is a way to get a mic close enough. The sound is plain as day when you drive. Total pressurized air sound. ShPSSSSSSSST!!!

You could try the technique I used in my video: record a video with your phone, holding the phone in your left hand against the steering wheel.

Turn the volume up and listen closely when I shift to 2nd during the acceleration that starts around 1:25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyAZSDR_m8#t=1m25s

There's the "ssshhhHHHHHH" sound of the wastegate as I accelerate, then a "PUuuhhh" sound when I lift off the throttle to change gears. I expect the BOV will replace my "PUuuhhh" with a much more distinct "PSSHHhhh".

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    You could try the technique I used in my video: record a video with your phone, holding the phone in your left hand against the steering wheel.

Turn the volume up and listen closely when I shift to 2nd during the acceleration that starts around 1:25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyAZSDR_m8#t=1m25s

There's the "ssshhhHHHHHH" sound of the wastegate as I accelerate, then a "PUuuhhh" sound when I lift off the throttle to change gears. I expect the BOV will replace my "PUuuhhh" with a much more distinct "PSSHHhhh".
    great sound effects pickles. I understand your meaning completely.

More pics!

We are stripping out the old down, and y pipes from Jessee's JK
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JeepLab Prodigy Turbo (85).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	895

Modding the fan shroud to make room in the front of the engine bay... just a tiny trim

Name:	JeepLab Prodigy Turbo (88).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	896

Here we are feeding the new pipes down to the main exhaust.

Name:	JeepLab Prodigy Turbo (90).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	897