Close

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGOM View Post
    Also if anyone has any advise on exhaust mods.
    i have this on my jeep: Dynomax® Ultra Flo Evolution Competition Cat-Back Exhaust in Stainless Steel. I had it before i installed the turbo system. I like it and it sounds great. Eddie from Wayalife has a video of his Jeep (Rubicat) with a view from inside as well as outside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPe0O9TPfj4

any compromise on performance?
    No one knows. Someone would have to do dyno comparisons of different exhaust systems on a turbo jeep (same jeep, same dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjeeper View Post
    That was the plan, but the shop had issues with the CPU. They couldnt get the jeep into dyno mode and once on the dyno the jeep would not shift out of 1st gear. They couldnt figure it out. Diablo and Prodigy had no answers to the issue.. Yeah was a bummer.
    heartbroken!

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    No one knows. Someone would have to do dyno comparisons of different exhaust systems on a turbo jeep (same jeep, same dyno).
    JL did a piece years ago on the AFE setup. before and after intake install, before and after exhaust install.

If i remember right, there was only a nominal change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    JL did a piece years ago on the AFE setup. before and after intake install, before and after exhaust install.

If i remember right, there was only a nominal change.
    The sound changed a lot, there was not a real power increase. The AFE intake was fantastic. The exhaust, and all exhausts Ive seen and driven have been more noise than power.

BB wears her stock exhaust currently. I've had other exhausts on, but i like the stock unit's tone. I want to hear the SC whistle and the Pentastar sing. Thats music, putting an exhaust on drowns that out. Are there good ones out there? I'm sure there are.

I like the idea of keeping it stock, because i am not one for drown or more noise.
    So if its not making a noticeable gain in performance than the sound of the turbo to me is more tempting.

Turbo sounds are cool

The turbo itself is quiet. Don't expect to hear the turbo spool up and whistle like a turbo diesel truck or bus. It's the sounds of exhaust flowing through the wastegate and pressurized air exiting through the BOV that you will hear.

The sound of the BOV is causing me to shift gears later than usual just so I can hear it. I'm not sure I'll ever get tired of hearing it. I hope I thoroughly confuse someone at some point that hears the BOV as I drive by and looks around trying to find the turbo car that made the sound.

Your killing me U.P....lol
    Come on prodigy ship ship ship.

Your killing me U.P....lol
    Come on prodigy ship ship ship.
    X2 on turbo sounds. It begs you to drop the hammer and shift.

You'll be serenading yourself right into prison.

😂😂
    Lucky german's !!!