Close

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Jeff - can I send you some logs later? I'm curious if we're making the same amount of boost at the same points.

I would enjoy comparing your data logs to mine more than I should admit.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Sent brother. Now that being said, I did just plug in my intune and it downloaded an update. I'm not quite sure how to tell if I have a new tune available for the jeep (on the intune) but I can always update and rerun.

I feel like I might have an air leak somewhere so the comparison might illustrate or back that up.

According to your data log, you are getting 9 psi boost. Looks like I'm the one with a possible air leak with my 8 psi boost.

I talked to Prodigy yesterday about their dyno results that show a loss of low-end torque compared to stock:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stage2_dyno.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1316

It comes down to that's what the dyno results were, so that's what they published. No further official explanation.

I had previously asked about why the torque/power suddenly drops before 6500 rpm, and I was told that the dyno operator let off the throttle as soon as the power started dropping, because they were focused on getting peak numbers.

My speculation is that the dyno operator, being focused on peak numbers, may not have been at full throttle yet in the low rpm range where the chart shows a loss. I think it was just a poor decision on their part to publish a dyno chart that was not a proper representation of the full rpm range.

I was also told that a customer got before/after dyno results and found that low rpm results were even with stock (no loss).

Another customer will be getting a turbo installed in a few weeks, including before/after dyno results. I hope that Prodigy considers obtaining third-party before/after results from customers and shares them.

Unfortunately, Prodigy cannot put their in-house jeep on the dyno for a "do over" dyno chart of stage 2. That Jeep is currently getting some additional changes made to it. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Jesse's Girl will be back on the dyno eventually. I'll be doing some axle work with some Yukon kit in the rear, and hopefully a new driveshaft. Once she's up and running right again, I'll sticker her back on the rollers and see what's up.

According to your data log, you are getting 9 psi boost. Looks like I'm the one with a possible air leak with my 8 psi boost.
    Then again... it's also possible that I have the normal amount of boost (if we go by the Prodigy website page that claims 8.2 psi), and you have extra boost due to a small leak in the boost sensing line that connects to your waste gate.

I recently discovered that the hose fitting on my turbo for the waste gate line had a torn o-ring. This fitting is only used for stage 1, and is replaced with a plug when upgrading to stage 2. That torn o-ring could have bled off a bit of pressure in the waste gate line and caused my excess boost for stage 1.

while we're at it can i send you mine too?? lets all 3 compare. Pickles how are you reading the files? just curious..

More data! I'll send you a PM with my email address so you can send me some logs.

This page has a link to download the Diablosport data viewer, which is used to view the data logs: https://www.diablosport.com/products...a-logging.html

It's in the section titled "Integrated PC Logging Software".

NOLA: Bad news...

You're only getting 7.5 psi peak boost!

Worse news...

Your boost doesn't hold steady after it peaks. It falls off to only about 6.7 psi boost near red line.

I suspect that your wastegate boost sensing line is still hooked up in the stage 1 configuration (connected directly to the turbo outlet). For stage 2, it's supposed to be teed into a vacuum line that connects to the intake manifold (per Prodigy's instructions).