Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to ask guys, how do you like the turbo better than the SC's I know with the SC it takes power to make power and not the case when it comes to turbo's. Really just looking for your personal opinion's since there isn't anyone around here running them. In addition, when it comes to the turbo I seen your dyno numbers, but I am just curious if you have gained any lower end power or is it all in the mid to upper. Thanks for your time and I have to say that what all of you are doing is really going the extra mile and I just want to say thanks.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    how do you like the turbo better than the SC's
    I'm still waiting for JeepLab to get the Prodigy, RIPP and Magnuson Jeeps together for a compare/contrast driving session. You guys need to take turns driving each other's Jeeps then each write up your thoughts on how they compare subjectively (driveability, throttle response, "fun factor", etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am just curious if you have gained any lower end power or is it all in the mid to upper.
    The gains are definitely concentrated in the mid to upper rpm range. The lower RPM range is tough to comment on right now because I'm still working with Prodigy to resolve some annoyances in the 1500-2500 rpm range. If this RPM range can be fully refined with tuning, then I should theoretical have *some* gains as low as about 1800 rpm, because thats where the turbo starts creating positive boost at full throttle.

There's about 1 psi boost at 2500. Soon after 2500, the boost climbs sharply to full boost around 4000 rpm, then full boost is maintained from 4000-6500 rpm. The kick-in-the-pants power starts around 3000-3500 rpm.