Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I still don't trust Prodigy's stock dyno run. Torque is too high, and peak power is too low and reached at too low of an RPM. The Pentastar has a nearly flat torque curve from 1800 rpm to redline, and all other stock dyno results agree that peak power happens at redline (6400 RPM), and that the peak power number is higher than the peak torque number.

Look at JeepLab's stock dyno results for comparison:

JeepLab shows torque at 175 ft-lbs vs Prodigy at 203 ft-lbs. JeeLab shows power at 189 hp @ 6400 rpm vs Prodigy at 170 hp @ ~5000 rpm.

Also, according to their dyno charts, stage 2 turbo (and therefore also stage 1) has a LOSS of torque/power below 2800 RPM. My but dyno does not agree with this. It feels similar to stock around 2000 rpm to me, with noticeable gains before 2500 RPM.

I wonder what causes that sudden drop in torque at 6200 rpm on the stage 2 dyno...

Can't wait to see JeepLab's stage 2 dyno results compared to JeepLab's stock dyno results for a second opinion.

I haven't studied the dyno graph too well but I have always been of the mindset that as long as you test the before and after on the same dyno and similar conditions that is what really matters and should give you the actual gains. I understand what you are saying but every jeep is different, how corrections are applied to the dyno and such. Regarding the sudden drop at 6200rpm, I thought I heard it mentioned that the speed limiter was hit?

I am very excited to read the full review, with driving impression video!