I didn't misquote you (that wan't a quote where I said "overall gear ratio"). I was trying to bring attention to the fact that it is the overall gear ratio that caused the difference in Jessees results. Transmission ratio and axle ratio both contribute to overall gear ratio.

It doesn't matter whether the difference in gear ratio is in the transmission or in the axle. A difference in gear ratio is a difference in gear ratio. If one matters, then the other matters. There's no way around it. The overall gear ratio is the transmission gear ratio multiplied by the axle gear ratio. One is not not inherently more significant than the other just because of its physical location. If you agree that transmission ratio is a factor, then you are also agreeing that axle ratio is a factor.

4th gear is a 1.25:1 ratio.
5th gear is a 1:1 ratio.

How is 4th gear "closest to 1 to 1 ratio" if 5th gear is EXACTLY 1 to 1?

The difference between 4th and 5th gear is 25%. The difference between 3.21 axle and 4.88 axle is 52%. The difference between 3.73 axle and 4.88 axle is 30%. The difference between Jessee's axle ratio and stock axle ratios is MORE significant than the difference between 4th and 5th gear!

AGAIN: This is is a special situation to turbos only, because it's related to the amount of load on the engine and the duration of the dyno pull allowing the turbo to spool up. This is not about the typical factor of drivetrain rotational inertia. I agree that the axle ratio (and transmission gear) would have minimal effect on a naturally aspirated or supercharged engine, because they do not depend on engine load to produce power.

The turbo needs engine load and time to spool up. The amount of load on the engine on a simple inertia dyno is primarily directly proportional to the overall gear ratio from the engine to the dyno drum (including transmission gear ratio, axle gear ratio, AND tire size). It's the overall ratio between engine speed and "road speed" that matters here.

This also all only matters on an acceleration sweep dyno pull (which is the only type that an inertia dyno can perform). If we could get steady state results on a load bearing dyno, then we wouldn't have to worry about any of this (tire size/weight, gear ratios, etc).

We already have a test that shows that gear ratio matters hugely on the dyno that Jessee used. His dyno results clearly fit the my explanation of the turbo spooling up more slowly with respect to engine speed when using gearing that creates less load on the engine.

All the people that have all told you that axle ratio doesn't matter... was it clearly being discussed in the context of a turbocharged vehicle on an inertia dyno (or sweep test on a load dyno)? it's not a matter of either me being right or them being right. Context is key. Their statements are true in many contexts. Their statements are false in this specific context of a turbocharged vehicle on an inertia dyno (or in a sweep test on a load dyno).