Close

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    good catch.

did anyone else notice new member "SOUTHERNHOTROD"?

I can't wait to see what these guys have to say. They are NOLA's shop right?

Where'd NOLA go? He should have his Jeep and dyno results by now...

NOLAjeeper is Frustrated, confused, and lost... Yes southernhotrod is the shop that is doing my stage 2 install. Eddy is the owner of the shop and he is the one taking charge of doing my install. They have hit a lot of road bumps with the install of stage 2 kit. The intercooler will not fit without modifying the "jeep grill", relocating the auto trans cooler, and doing some custom work to the intercooler silicone connection tubes. The kit does come with a replacement auto trans cooler, however it is not a perfect kit nor is a high performance replacement cooler. This thing is just a big mess. Had the same issue with the dyno, could not get out of gear in 2wheel drive manual..So we couldnt dyno the stage 1. I asked eddy to sign up here to give his thoughts and answer any questions the jeep community may have regarding the install/dyno/turbo etc.. This is not a simple bolt on stage 2 install. At least not for the automatics.. My impression is the stage 2 (the one that was shipped to me) more complicated, requires moderate modifications to intercooler and jeep grill. And still no Instruction manual. The shop has been going back and forth with prodigy with this install. This is what i know from what Southernhotrod has passed down to me. Like i said Eddy is a forum member and will answer any questions you guys may have. But so far its disappointing that this kit is not an out of the box simple bolt on plug and play system. In my case. I can not speak for anyone else. The jeep is still in the shop hopefully they can figure something out with prodigy.. YEP BUMMER!! sorry guys..

Quote Originally Posted by NOLAjeeper View Post
    The intercooler will not fit without modifying the "jeep grill", relocating the auto trans cooler, and doing some custom work to the intercooler silicone connection tubes.
    This was my impression when I test fitted my intercooler. The cylinder on the side of the A/C condenser seems to be in the way. With the intercooler contacting the cylinder, the grill contacts the intercooler before the top of the grill is pushed on all the way.

I talked to both Jessee (Snarf) and Dan at Prodigy, confirming that this is normal! You just need to push the grill the rest of the way on, which will push the intercooler against the cylinder, and flex the cylinder back a bit. Dan assured me that there is no long term reliability concern with this pressure between the grill, intercooler and A/C condenser cylinder. He says it the same exact grill configuration and intercooler as their 2007-2011 3.8 turbo kits, and they have not had any issues with any of those. Wes at Prodigy insisted on having the largest possible intercooler that could be successfully crammed into the grill area.

As for the silicone connectors, Dan told me that connecting those all up will be the toughest part of the stage 2 install. He says it's very tight, and requires shifting things around just the right amount, etc., but it is doable.

So, the grill and silicone connectors should not require modification.

I can't comment on the trans cooler solution, since I have a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    This was my impression when I test fitted my intercooler. The cylinder on the side of the A/C condenser seems to be in the way. With the intercooler contacting the cylinder, the grill contacts the intercooler before the top of the grill is pushed on all the way.

I talked to both Jessee (Snarf) and Dan at Prodigy, confirming that this is normal! You just need to push the grill the rest of the way on, which will push the intercooler against the cylinder, and flex the cylinder back a bit. Dan assured me that there is no long term reliability concern with this pressure between the grill, intercooler and A/C condenser cylinder. He says it the same exact grill configuration and intercooler as their 2007-2011 3.8 turbo kits, and they have not had any issues with any of those. Wes at Prodigy insisted on having the largest possible intercooler that could be successfully crammed into the grill area.

As for the silicone connectors, Dan told me that connecting those all up will be the toughest part of the stage 2 install. He says it's very tight, and requires shifting things around just the right amount, etc., but it is doable.

So, the grill and silicone connectors should not require modification.

I can't comment on the trans cooler solution, since I have a manual.
    If you have an auto, you will def need modify the silicone connectors. Because you have the auto trans cooler inbetween the intercooler and the radiator thus pushing the intercooler outwards more. The shop will make it fit, they can install it. Its just not a simple install.

If you have an auto, you will def need modify the silicone connectors. Because you have the auto trans cooler inbetween the intercooler and the radiator thus pushing the intercooler outwards more. The shop will make it fit, they can install it. Its just not a simple install.
    Do you have pics of the problem areas?

My intercooler (manual trans) fits right up against the grill (or maybe 1mm behind) and there was no pressure when installing the grill. In this picture, I actually have some space between grill and aluminum.

I had some earlier model silicone hoses that were larger diameter so we had to do some removal of plastic up front..it wasn't too bad though. Some pictures of your situation will help. WHen I get home, I'll post some new pics to show our solutions and maybe your shop will get an idea of how best to work yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    there was no pressure when installing the grill. In this picture, I actually have some space between grill and aluminum.
    Then there must have been pressure when installing the intercooler and hooking up the silicon connectors, and now the connectors are holding the intercooler in place, slightly away from the grill. There's no way that my intercooler will fit between the grill and the tall skinny black cylinder that is on the side of the A/C condenser.

Do you have A/C?

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    Attachment 957

Stage 1 is shipped with Red spring .4 bar
    Stage 2 is White .5 bar

Read the bottom right of the image. I personally prefer the White and Green combination for Maximum fun.
    Looks like the spring that went into my wastegate may be the far left "grey" or MVR-Plain. It could be the black and a figment of the camera's color settings.