Close

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Then there must have been pressure when installing the intercooler and hooking up the silicon connectors, and now the connectors are holding the intercooler in place, slightly away from the grill. There's no way that my intercooler will fit between the grill and the tall skinny black cylinder that is on the side of the A/C condenser.

Do you have A/C?
    I do have A/C. I will take a better picture when I get home and post it up.

The kit did not came with installation manual so I had to print it from the site. It turns up to be stage 1 only. Ok went to intercooler upgrade kit again stage 1 manual. So went to 3.8 intercooler installation. I won't install it now. I might start on october.

how about this one for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsking View Post
    how about this one for the time being
    I like my boost gauges the size of flavor flav's clock!

Just spoke with the shop! They are almost done! Going there now to take some pics. I'll post soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsking View Post
    The kit did not came with installation manual so I had to print it from the site. It turns up to be stage 1 only. Ok went to intercooler upgrade kit again stage 1 manual. So went to 3.8 intercooler installation. I won't install it now. I might start on october.
    I know all about that! I don't know why prodigy doesn't send instruction manuals with their kits..

Nola, are you dyno'ing stage 1 and 2 or just 2?

I've built a lot of engines thru the years. Turbo, 10-71 roots, Maggie's and vortecs. They all make power in different ways. I have had operators who really knew their stuff and those that shouldn't be allowed near a dyno. It is going to be hard to get a baseline that is exactly like Ross's first one since all jeeps will be slightly different due to the nature of the adaptive computer. If a guy drives real easy the computer learns his habits and adjusts for him. If you put it on a dyno and compare it to a guy who is a speed demon it will read different. Also there is the correction factors. When we dynoed my Nitrous Suzuki M109. We played with the factors a bit. We were able to get 190 hp at the rear tire. The correct reading was 167 hp. That was with hitting it just right and lots of cool air from the blowers. So many differences here. Ross has done an incredible job of trying to keep a level playing field. The problem is life is not level and dynos are different just as the operators are. But one Heck of a job so far guys.

Here are some pics. They fished up the install. They did some modifying of the location of the auto trans cooler. I'm not sure if you can see it clearly, but it has been lowered from its original position. They did not have to modify the silicone adaptors on the intercooler. This was a big learning experience for the shop as well as the guys at prodigy. All they have left to install are the air fuel and boost gauges. Southernhotrod has been great with me and this project. This is their first wrangler pentastar 3.6 auto turbo install and have spent well over 12 hours with the install. Before anyone shouts out that this install should not take longer than 6 hours please only speak for yourself. There were a lot of holes in the instruction manual calls between the shop and prodigy. Remember it is a brand new kit and we are all learning something new with this kit. Also I'm sorry guys but we couldn't get stage 1 dyno. Couldn't get answers from prodigy or diablo on how to get the computer to get in dyno mode. They will attempt to dyno again tomorrow with stage 2. They said they will try something else... So we shall see.. Here are some pics.
    Last edited by NOLAjeeper; 08-21-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Last edited by NOLAjeeper; 08-21-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: more pics