Close

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to ask guys, how do you like the turbo better than the SC's I know with the SC it takes power to make power and not the case when it comes to turbo's. Really just looking for your personal opinion's since there isn't anyone around here running them. In addition, when it comes to the turbo I seen your dyno numbers, but I am just curious if you have gained any lower end power or is it all in the mid to upper. Thanks for your time and I have to say that what all of you are doing is really going the extra mile and I just want to say thanks.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    how do you like the turbo better than the SC's
    I'm still waiting for JeepLab to get the Prodigy, RIPP and Magnuson Jeeps together for a compare/contrast driving session. You guys need to take turns driving each other's Jeeps then each write up your thoughts on how they compare subjectively (driveability, throttle response, "fun factor", etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am just curious if you have gained any lower end power or is it all in the mid to upper.
    The gains are definitely concentrated in the mid to upper rpm range. The lower RPM range is tough to comment on right now because I'm still working with Prodigy to resolve some annoyances in the 1500-2500 rpm range. If this RPM range can be fully refined with tuning, then I should theoretical have *some* gains as low as about 1800 rpm, because thats where the turbo starts creating positive boost at full throttle.

There's about 1 psi boost at 2500. Soon after 2500, the boost climbs sharply to full boost around 4000 rpm, then full boost is maintained from 4000-6500 rpm. The kick-in-the-pants power starts around 3000-3500 rpm.

Cant answer you cuz i didn't install mine yet. I have a question anyone knows if we can fit a turbo timer plug and play

Jeff - can I send you some logs later? I'm curious if we're making the same amount of boost at the same points.

I would enjoy comparing your data logs to mine more than I should admit.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Sent brother. Now that being said, I did just plug in my intune and it downloaded an update. I'm not quite sure how to tell if I have a new tune available for the jeep (on the intune) but I can always update and rerun.

I feel like I might have an air leak somewhere so the comparison might illustrate or back that up.

while we're at it can i send you mine too?? lets all 3 compare. Pickles how are you reading the files? just curious..

According to your data log, you are getting 9 psi boost. Looks like I'm the one with a possible air leak with my 8 psi boost.

According to your data log, you are getting 9 psi boost. Looks like I'm the one with a possible air leak with my 8 psi boost.
    Then again... it's also possible that I have the normal amount of boost (if we go by the Prodigy website page that claims 8.2 psi), and you have extra boost due to a small leak in the boost sensing line that connects to your waste gate.

I recently discovered that the hose fitting on my turbo for the waste gate line had a torn o-ring. This fitting is only used for stage 1, and is replaced with a plug when upgrading to stage 2. That torn o-ring could have bled off a bit of pressure in the waste gate line and caused my excess boost for stage 1.

I talked to Prodigy yesterday about their dyno results that show a loss of low-end torque compared to stock:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stage2_dyno.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1316

It comes down to that's what the dyno results were, so that's what they published. No further official explanation.

I had previously asked about why the torque/power suddenly drops before 6500 rpm, and I was told that the dyno operator let off the throttle as soon as the power started dropping, because they were focused on getting peak numbers.

My speculation is that the dyno operator, being focused on peak numbers, may not have been at full throttle yet in the low rpm range where the chart shows a loss. I think it was just a poor decision on their part to publish a dyno chart that was not a proper representation of the full rpm range.

I was also told that a customer got before/after dyno results and found that low rpm results were even with stock (no loss).

Another customer will be getting a turbo installed in a few weeks, including before/after dyno results. I hope that Prodigy considers obtaining third-party before/after results from customers and shares them.

Unfortunately, Prodigy cannot put their in-house jeep on the dyno for a "do over" dyno chart of stage 2. That Jeep is currently getting some additional changes made to it. Can't wait to see how that turns out.