Close

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just gone through AEM wide band instructions and it clearly states that the sensor must be fitted at leat 18" after the turbo or 36" in extreme conditions. When i measured the distance 18" it exactly falls where the waste gate throw out connect ed to the down pipe. I believe this might give also a false reading. In this condition the better way is to install it after the flexible down pipe. Just sharing a point of view.

That makes sense. A good reminder to always read instructions and not just blindly trust what you saw on the internet from a non-official source

I reconfigured my vacuum/boost lines today so that my wastegate is hooked up to the intake manifold like the official Prodigy setup. I'm still getting 8 psi, so there is not a 1 psi drop across the throttle body to explain my 8 psi vs Snarf's 9 psi. Now I'm just waiting for NOLA's results after he sets up his wastegate properly.

One more piece of the puzzle. I'll be switching back to my setup, now that I got that info.

Congrats to NOLA for getting his wastegate setup properly for stage 2 today! He has joined the the 8.0-8.2 psi club with me and the official Prodigy website claim of 8.2 psi: https://www.prodigyperformance.com/3...ler-turbo-kit/

Snarf - I'm starting to think your 9 psi is an indication of a problem. Here's some things to check for:

Leaks in the boost sensing line for the wastegate (along with any other vacuum hoses that it is teed into). Any leak, anywhere in that system of hoses that all hooks into the same small port on the intake manifold, could cause a false low pressure reading to the wastegate, which would allow higher than intended boost levels in the manifold.
    Check for any cracks/damage to the hoses.
    Check the ends of all hoses for damage, make sure they are pushed on the hose fittings fully, and securely zip-tied.
    Also check the banjo bolt for the barbed hose fitting on the wastegate to make sure it is tight.

The evidence seems to be stacking up in favor of 8.2 psi being the true expected boost level of stage 2. I was told, however, that the tune is designed to handle up to 9.2 psi. I think I'll ask for Prodigy's opinion on using a manual boost controller to get the full 9.2 psi boost: http://www.grimmspeed.com/manual-boost-controller/

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Congrats to NOLA for getting his wastegate setup properly for stage 2 today! He has joined the the 8.0-8.2 psi club with me and the official Prodigy website claim of 8.2 psi: https://www.prodigyperformance.com/3...ler-turbo-kit/

Snarf - I'm starting to think your 9 psi is an indication of a problem. Here's some things to check for:

Leaks in the boost sensing line for the wastegate (along with any other vacuum hoses that it is teed into). Any leak, anywhere in that system of hoses that all hooks into the same small port on the intake manifold, could cause a false low pressure reading to the wastegate, which would allow higher than intended boost levels in the manifold.
    Check the ends of all hoses for damage, make sure they are pushed on the hose fittings fully, and securely zip-tied.
    Also check the banjo bolt for the barbed hose fitting on the wastegate to make sure it is tight.

The evidence seems to be stacking up in favor of 8.2 psi being the true expected boost level of stage 2. I was told, however, that the tune is designed to handle up to 9.2 psi. I think I'll ask for Prodigy's opinion on using a manual boost controller to get the full 9.2 psi boost: http://www.grimmspeed.com/manual-boost-controller/
    Woot woot! Thanks Jeff for all the info on this and guiding me in the right direction!

]

I got a new (custom) tune in my email this morning. I'll first add the tune tonight and take her for a spin and probably run a few logs for the record. While I like to think my extra .8 pounds of boost is due to my sheer awesomeness willing the jeep to propel forward, its probably wise to eliminate other possibilities. It didn't leak when I was smoke testing the system two months ago, but it can't hurt to go through it again.

Pickles - keep up the great posts. These are all good ideas and its really helpful to the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I got a new (custom) tune in my email this morning. I'll first add the tune tonight and take her for a spin and probably run a few logs for the record.
    Don't form a final opinion of the new tune until you drive several days. Every time a new tune is written, the long-term fuel trims in the computer are cleared out. It takes a while for the computer to adjust the trims again, and the result can be that it drives quite a bit differently a week later than it did the first day with a new tune.

Don't form a final opinion of the new tune until you drive several days. Every time a new tune is written, the long-term fuel trims in the computer are cleared out. It takes a while for the computer to adjust the trims again, and the result can be that it drives quite a bit differently a week later than it did the first day with a new tune.
    I just drove for about 20 minutes on the new tune and its driving well. Yes, this is without several days of driving. I took logs which will be provided to Prodigy to compare with my last tune's logs. I will say this though, I've have loaded a couple tunes thus far and none were this good out of the package.

I will monitor and re-log after about a week's worth of driving to see if the tune's drive-ability has changed. Either way, Prodigy was pretty responsive in getting this back to me with my specific topics addressed. I will keep everyone updated.

I got a new custom tune from Prodigy today. So far, it's a HUGE improvement in driveability below 2500 rpm. Now I just hope it remains this good as the computer builds up its fuel trims over the next week or so. I did still come across some imperfections, but they seem small compared to the issues that were fixed with this latest tune. This is promising. A future tune approaching perfection now seems feasible.

I got a new custom tune from Prodigy today. So far, it's a HUGE improvement in driveability below 2500 rpm. Now I just hope it remains this good as the computer builds up its fuel trims over the next week or so. I did still come across some imperfections, but they seem small compared to the issues that were fixed with this latest tune. This is promising. A future tune approaching perfection now seems feasible.
    Jeff, i just sent you and email with my most recent data log. Glad your custom tune is working out for you! Hopefully they can get my tune perfected.