Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	898

This is the place where the turbo will eventually sit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JeepLab Prodigy Turbo (95).jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	899

Here's Carolina Pete putting it in. Fit is easy and perfect.

Name:	JeepLab Prodigy Turbo (104).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	900

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post

There's the "ssshhhHHHHHH" sound of the wastegate as I accelerate, then a "PUuuhhh" sound when I lift off the throttle to change gears. I expect the BOV will replace my "PUuuhhh" with a much more distinct "PSSHHhhh".
    I love the sound effects in quotations. I can only describe my acceleration sound as the noise an airplane engine makes when starting up, a higher pitched whir, not quite a whistle, but a whir! The release of throttle for a gear shift definitely has a satisfying "pluhhh--whoooshhh".

This is like those commercials where a person is explaining to their mechanic the noise their suspect car is making!

Has a date with the dyno been scheduled yet?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Has a date with the dyno been scheduled yet?
    Not yet. Still coordinating with local dyno shops to ensure we're a good fit. A couple options have been identified..but no firm date as of yet.

Looks like Prodigy ran their Jeep, Jesse's Girl should run REAL well!

Name:	1889058_666985323395104_7387907243416589950_o.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	904

I still don't trust Prodigy's stock dyno run. Torque is too high, and peak power is too low and reached at too low of an RPM. The Pentastar has a nearly flat torque curve from 1800 rpm to redline, and all other stock dyno results agree that peak power happens at redline (6400 RPM), and that the peak power number is higher than the peak torque number.

Look at JeepLab's stock dyno results for comparison:

JeepLab shows torque at 175 ft-lbs vs Prodigy at 203 ft-lbs. JeeLab shows power at 189 hp @ 6400 rpm vs Prodigy at 170 hp @ ~5000 rpm.

Also, according to their dyno charts, stage 2 turbo (and therefore also stage 1) has a LOSS of torque/power below 2800 RPM. My but dyno does not agree with this. It feels similar to stock around 2000 rpm to me, with noticeable gains before 2500 RPM.

I wonder what causes that sudden drop in torque at 6200 rpm on the stage 2 dyno...

Can't wait to see JeepLab's stage 2 dyno results compared to JeepLab's stock dyno results for a second opinion.

I haven't studied the dyno graph too well but I have always been of the mindset that as long as you test the before and after on the same dyno and similar conditions that is what really matters and should give you the actual gains. I understand what you are saying but every jeep is different, how corrections are applied to the dyno and such. Regarding the sudden drop at 6200rpm, I thought I heard it mentioned that the speed limiter was hit?

I am very excited to read the full review, with driving impression video!

Variations between jeeps (or dyno calibrations, or local atmospheric conditions) will not cause a major difference in the shape of the torque/power curves. With a stock jeep, peak power should always come at/near redline, and should have a higher value than the peak torque value.

The sudden drop at 6200 I'm referring to is on the stage 2 dyno. The speed limiter is not an issue with the turbo tune installed (stock speed limit is lifted by the tune).

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofJeep View Post
    Looks like Prodigy ran their Jeep, Jesse's Girl should run REAL well!

Name:	1889058_666985323395104_7387907243416589950_o.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	904
    This chart confuses me. Does the turbo hurt power under 2700 RPM?

Why is the prodigy line lower than stock? Am i reading that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    This chart confuses me. Does the turbo hurt power under 2700 RPM?

Why is the prodigy line lower than stock? Am i reading that right?
    You are reading that right. It doesn't seem right to me, and their entire stock torque/power curve doesn't make sense to me either, as I mentioned here:

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?14...ull=1#post2228

And here:

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?33...=1260#post1260

The stage 2's sudden dropoff at 6200 rpm also doesn't make sense. The stage 1 turbo makes more tq/power than what is shown in that chart above 6200. I suspect the dyno operator may have prematurely lifted the throttle near redline. I'm waiting for a response from Prodigy about both of these points of confusion.