Close

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    You are reading that right. It doesn't seem right to me, and their entire stock torque/power curve doesn't make sense to me either, as I mentioned here:

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?14...ull=1#post2228

And here:

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?33...=1260#post1260

The stage 2's sudden dropoff at 6200 rpm also doesn't make sense. The stage 1 turbo makes more tq/power than what is shown in that chart above 6200. I suspect the dyno operator may have prematurely lifted the throttle near redline. I'm waiting for a response from Prodigy about both of these points of confusion.
    Snarf is scheduled to roll on the dyno early August.

That will be an independent stage 2 test.

I have confirmed that the dyno operator lifted the throttle as soon as the power curve reached its peak and started falling. They were focusing on getting peak numbers. So the sudden dropoff at 6200 rpm is NOT representative of the power output of stage 2.

No explanation for the loss in tq/power below 2700 rpms yet. Just that it is not expected and that it has not yet been investigated because the focus at the time was on getting peak numbers.

While we're waiting for the "early August" dyno results, can we get some general thoughts on power delivery compared to RIPP and Magnuson? Still waiting to hear that blow-off valve too

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    This chart confuses me. Does the turbo hurt power under 2700 RPM?

Why is the prodigy line lower than stock? Am i reading that right?
    Lets not gloss over this dyno sheet. How can the turbo make less than stock?

Great that it makes huge power higher in the RPM band, but a power loss sub 3k RPM is troubling.

The SC's are both above stock the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Lets not gloss over this dyno sheet. How can the turbo make less than stock?

Great that it makes huge power higher in the RPM band, but a power loss sub 3k RPM is troubling.

The SC's are both above stock the whole time.
    The answer to this is going to come when Jessee rolls his truck on the dyno. We will see if we can get a very early read out, at the lowest possible RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    The answer to this is going to come when Jessee rolls his truck on the dyno. We will see if we can get a very early read out, at the lowest possible RPM.
    Yessir - two dyno charts to compare will make a world of difference and offer some new insights. Date is now scheduled as 8/1, pending any issues. I don't forsee anything so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    Yessir - two dyno charts to compare will make a world of difference and offer some new insights. Date is now scheduled as 8/1, pending any issues. I don't forsee anything so fingers crossed.
    STOCK TIRES!! And give us a picture of the truck on the dyno! (maybe some video)

Charts will be posted as soon as Jess emails me the files.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    STOCK TIRES!! And give us a picture of the truck on the dyno! (maybe some video)

Charts will be posted as soon as Jess emails me the files.
    Stock Tires going on Thursday night. I'll feel silly driving 30 minutes to the dyno on baby tires after rolling 37s daily.

I'm interested in what happens with the coolant overflow reservoir. Do you have any pics or thoughts to share on that? Is the new location reasonably accessible for checking the coolant level?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I'm interested in what happens with the coolant overflow reservoir. Do you have any pics or thoughts to share on that? Is the new location reasonably accessible for checking the coolant level?
    The coolant tank is black (knew you'd like that) and it mounts near the front bumper where you can check it easily. My mount was a bit more of a challenge because I have a stubby front bumper and a front skid plate. We mounted it at a slight angle and it is behind my skid for protection. Checking it is not as easy as a stock bumpered JK but it really isn't too bad to remove two bolts, drop it, and inspect.

Skid is off in this picture so it looks more exposed than it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-30 21.21.54.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	914

FIRST DYNO CHART

This was the best run today. Here are some notes you need to be aware of.

- The stock line in this chart is not Jesse's Girl, Its Sweet Pea's stock dyno line. Sweet Pea and Black Betty were dyno'd years apart (stock) and came out in the exact same spot, so I consider the line a standard.

- Humid summer day

- 4.88 gearing. - This shouldnt alter the line as far as power to the ground vs RPM but JG is geared.

- Stock Tires. All our dyno's to date are on stock 255/75R17 BFG Km1s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRODIGY DYNO VS STOCK.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	926